Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

4pm
It's been a fairly nice day. Very pretty out. I just came in from foraging for the boys. I'll have to in the morning, too. Nice, fresh food for them! I'll get them a bunny box from the co-op before I come home tomorrow.

I got 2 stores serviced this morning and was home by 1pm.

Nikky had no accidents in bed and none all day. Normal poop outside for the first time in about 4 days. The bone broth yesterday and laying in the sun while I painted for 2 days did her some good, I think.

I've been doing some more reading on kombucha-making, as well as water kefir. I think I am going to ferment the kombucha for a few days less than I have been now that it is getting warmer. This last batch was a bit too vinegary for me, even with the vanilla in the second ferment (which I only did for 2 days, rather than 3.) I think I will do the first ferment for 10, rather than 14 days and see how that goes.

7pm
100 jumps on the trampoline. Plus, 20 bounces for Nikky! She really gets upset when I don't do that!

8:30pm
Using the Knifty Knitter short straight knitting loom to make the bunny blankets. I like this loom best. I do NOT like the long straight loom that I have. It is a different brand (Boye) and the pegs are too tall and spaced too far apart. I really want to get a Knifty Knitter long straight loom if I am going to be making a lot of these bunny blankets. As it is, I am going to have to make 2 or 3 panels and join them ...

Today was the first day in MONTHs that I've been able to go barefoot outside. Love it! My feet were tingly and happy to be touching the ground and my squats were more comfortable whenever I was waiting for Nikky.

I should have made sun tea! Maybe there will be enough sun when I get home tomorrow before the clouds and rain are supposed to arrive on Wednesday ... If I get home early enough I will make some!

Going to watch the last 3 episodes of The Michael J. Fox Show and I will be caught up. Not sure if there will be any more, though.

No comments: