Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 27, 2014

12:30pm
The morning has flown by! I went to the store, got gas, got hay, and stopped at the farm for milk and eggs. I got enough extra milk to start my kefir again! I'm having a strawberry kefir smoothie for lunch. Nikky got to lick the old jars and the pitcher and sieve. She's happy! Hopefully, next week I'll be able to take some grains to the farm. The farmer's brother was asking if I had any extras.

I didn't go to the co-op. I will tomorrow. So, I foraged when I got home. These rains are really making the 'weeds' grow, which in the past was a big pain, but now that I have the boys it's great!

6pm
Dinner was ground Angus patty spiced with dried onion, salt and pepper, with leftover wild rice/quinoa blend mixed with leftover beans. And, raw milk with potato starch.

Just finished making a button fairy for a swap.

 7:30pm
Mmm. Found a hot chocolate recipe in my local grocery store's monthly recipe book. I'm going to try. It's Spicy Carob Cocoa, but I don't have any carob right now so I am using cacao powder. Here's the recipe that I modified for my 12 oz mug:
Combine 12 oz. milk of choice, 1 ½ Tablespoons of cacao powder, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of cardamom. Heat; stir until well combined, then stir in 2 tsp. sweetener (I used raw honey.) Makes one drink.







9:30pm
Just got an alert that rainstorms will start again at about 2am! Yay! It's going to be a long, wet day. I'll have to be really wary of other drivers and try not to be on much of the freeway. Good I know a lot of back-ways to my stores!

No comments: