Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 29, 2014

8:15am
Hopefully, this will be a lazy day ... other than cleaning cages ... I have a bunch of articles I want to read and I really need to get that crocheted or knitted flower done for a swap due next week.

The Mourning dove is still in the plant hanger! I have no idea if she has eggs under her, but this is her chosen spot. She has been eating, though, as some seed is scattered around the food bowl.

10am
Got all the cages clean and also went out to check on the dove. We has eggsss!
Sheriff and Robin are happy to have clean cages and food. Sheree is an unending pit and eats constantly! ;)
Happy doves. I think they'd be happier if I gave them nests ...
Mama Mourning dove in the rain.

Mama was not happy with me being so close today, so flew over to the neighbor's carport awning. So, I got to see that she has TWO eggs! What a cute little nest! She will get upset tomorrow ... I am going to add another support bungee to the planter to make sure it will stay if the old one breaks (that blue one has been on there since last year and they DO rot out.)
Mama hopped right back on the nest when I went in the house. Good girl!
 11am


Having the last of my hibiscus sun tea ... won't be able to make more until next week ... maybe. We have clouds and rain forecast all week.

Ooh. My mom is making tapioca for lunch! Yum! I was going to make a smoothie, but this might be enough.

Noon.
That was not nearly enough for me to eat. I had some nuts, too. Still hungry ... Going to make hard-boiled eggs in a bit.

Eggs are on the stove. Lots of small eggs. The farmer gave me 2 dozen free on Thursday as he has a lot of new, young hens and they lay small right now.

2:15pm
Finished 2 loads of laundry, made hard-boiled eggs, dehydrating the eggshells and made these postcards to be mailed on Tuesday. One of them is for the PostCrossing swap.
 
 

3:30pm
Free eBooks:
B00AZMT61M History Lover's Cookbook
Roxe Anne Peacock
B00BY83V4E 6 Unique Handmade Jewelry Making Ideas: Practical Guide on How to Make Jewelry
Poli Ness


What and how much had I lost by trying to do only what was expected of me instead of what I myself had wished to do?
Ralph Ellison

Just saw daddy dove at the food bowl outside. Didn't get a pic, though. It's in a good spot for him to keep an eye on mama dove and the nest, too.

6pm
Time for my favorite hot tea. Guayaki Yerba Mate Chocolatté. Topped with milk. Mmmmmm.

7:30pm
Just finished this ATC for a swap next week.

No comments: