So much for wanting to do nothing today ...
My mom wants me to move her bedroom door ... AGAIN!!!! This will be about the fifth time since we moved in here (same with the bathroom door ...) She wants it to open in, then she wants it back where it was. Then, she wants it to open out. No, now she wants it to open the opposite way. There are so many holes in the jamb, I don't know how it stays up ... ridiculous. And, I don't have the money to replace the jamb if it needs it later on from so many holes ...
I just want to make a flower for the swap, but now can't do it until later ...
I am so mad. And, my mom knows it. Nearly three fuckin' hours working on that damn door of hers! I told her, I'm not moving any more doors ever again. She has to live with how they are now. I had to plane and sand the door & had to reverse the little door jamb stops. Any of you who have ever lived in an old mobile home know how fragile those little stops are. And, they are installed with tiny staples that can only be put in by a staple gun. So, I had to carefully remove each of those staples and NOT crack the wood so the stops would lay flush with the jamb, which I amazingly did! That is what took the longest time. Then I had to use my tiniest drill bit to drill holes and tiny nails I luckily had to put them in their new place. Plus, I had to chisel a new hole for the door knob latch! ... I am so over it! But, it is done. Forever. Not doing that again.
|I hate this door!|
|Too many holes ...|
|You can see one of the many nail heads in that very thin little strip. And you can sort of see the lighter area to the left of it where the strip used to be ...|
Yay! It's raining. I didn't think we would get any today. It was sunny most of the day. At least I got Nikky's yard cleaned and foraged for the bucks' lunch, dinner and tomorrow's breakfast.
I finally found the flower I'm going to make. I'm going to loom knit it and make a button center and add a pin-back to make it a brooch. That's the plan, anyway. Now, to find the colors ...
Finally! I finished the flower. It turned out kind of cute. I did it on my Bloom Loom knitting loom. I just can't get the hang of crochet! I ended up using the black and burgundy wool I found at the thrift store last month. And, it didn't give me a rash!
|This image is a little dark, but close to the true colors.|
|The lighting on this made the burgundy almost pink ... :( I hot-glued the pinback, but also threaded some matching embroidery floss around it ...|