Thursday, April 10, 2014

April 10, 2014

8:45am
I've gotta get going. I'm already running late on things today. Got up late as my alarm clock is broken - I set it for 7, but it goes off at 4! But, I had to check on the Mourning doves before I head off to the farm for milk and eggs.
Two babies!
Papa dove hit me with his wing 3 times! He was not going to get off of them. Good daddy.

9pm
What a day. I went to my new store to set up the displays and it was totally empty! Apparently, in that part of Sacramento County, new buildings are required to have a sprinkler system. But, it wasn't on the blueprints, so it didn't get installed. So, they can't get their permits! Everything is delayed for 2 weeks, so I've re-scheduled my set-up for that store ... The guy said they contacted all their vendors, but, like me, they've had quite a few reps arrive that hadn't been told about this ... I've complained to Viola, too. But, at least I got 2 of my other stores in that area serviced, so not a total waste of time.

Went to the farm this morning for milk & eggs, and George gave me 2 dozen free eggs again. But, I think that will be the last of the freebies for a while as they sold off some of their older hens last week, so the excess the younger hens have added will level out to normal soon.
Bird Building a Nest
Flickr user Lindell Dillon | Norman, Oklahoma

He is the happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yosemite
Flickr user Susan Carnahan | Yosemite National Park, California

I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own.
~ Andy Warhol 
Flower
Flickr user Michelle Manni | Nipomo, California

Earth laughs in flowers.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Northern Lights
Flickr user Caillum Smith | Okanagan Valley, British Columbia

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
~ Bram Stoker

No comments: