Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 17, 2014

Noon
I was able to pay over $80 on my PG&E this morning ... Still have about $160 to go by May 1 ...
Bought 2 gallons of milk at the farm and some meat at the store. Then, I couldn't get in gear ... so, only serviced one store down the street. I'm off tomorrow. Office in RI is closed for Good Friday and my manager is off, too.

Second load of laundry in the washer.

My mom has been working in the yard. She moved a bunch of bricks and some of the aggregate stepping stones from the driveway to the deck-side yard. She trimmed all the dead leaves off the canna lilies, too. They are getting ready to bloom and the Easter Lilies are almost done blooming. And, she fenced off the wild lettuces and arugulas that kept falling over in the backyard. Nice.

This weekend, we are going to make some planters out of milk crates and burlap. And, make a plant stand out of the old A-frame ladder and old cabinet doors. I'll take pictures when they are done.

Just made a semi-green smoothie ... raw milk kefir, powdered wheat grass, bananas, maple syrup and vanilla. I call it semi-green since I didn't use fresh plants, just the last of my powdered wheat grass. It's a pretty pale green color, which really doesn't show in this pic ...
Jeans are hanging out on the line and third load is in the washer.

The free phone my mom got a few months ago (Assurance Wireless) stopped working! Won't charge or anything. Did the 'trick' they suggested and that didn't work. So, since it's under warranty, they will be sending another one.

1:15pm
Boiling some amber bottles and droppers to put up on Listia. I already cleaned the stickiness from the labels last week. Just need to boil out and clean the insides. Vitamin oils and vanilla extracts were in them ... these are one of my most popular sellers.

2:30pm
Mama and Papa Dove were on the deck earlier today, in the feeder. They both look alright, so weren't injured when their babies were nabbed, luckily. I was worried they wouldn't come back.

Time to forage for the bucks.

4pm
Oooh. Yum! Lamb shanks for dinner!

And, trying to decide what craft to take with me on Sunday to the co-op craft circle. I wasn't sure there would be one that day, as it is Easter. But, the group host emailed this morning saying that's the day ... guess I'm not the only one who doesn't do Easter. ;)

Damn, it's hot in here. It's 'only' 84F outside, with a breeze ... but, in here it's 87F & feels a lot hotter ... I really need to get that fan installed ...

I think it's time to start barbecuing again. Need to uncover it and clean it after sitting all winter. Another project for the weekend.

5:45pm
The Delta Breeze is supposed to move in and cool us off a bit. I hope so!

I need to get more jars, so I can make more kombucha. I'm on my last bottle and won't have more done until Monday ... :( Sucks!

Time to sit outside and read for a bit. I'm finally going to read Struck By Lightning by Chris Colfer.

7:30pm
I got the first chapter read. I like Chris' style of writing. This is going to be a fun book.

9pm
I really need to get into sprouting seeds reliably ... it is a cheap food for us and the bunnies. But, I need to do it differently than I have in the past as that didn't go well and I lost interest ... growing it in jars just doesn't work for me. I need a tray system, but the trays I had, my mom melted. I can't afford to buy them again. So, I'll need to figure a way to make some with things I have on hand ... I'll start researching it more soon.
Bird in a tree
Flickr user Pam Morris | Colorado

Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.
~ Mother Theresa


No comments: