Friday, April 18, 2014

April 18, 2014

8:30am
Exercises done.

I'm going to be making a couple of banana recipes I found that I haven't made before. They really look good! And, I'm hungry this morning!

It's kind of chilly this morning. That Delta Breeze came in overnight. But, it's still supposed to get up in the 80s the next few days.

10:30pm
I have bananas in the freezer to prep for Dark Chocolate Banana Ice Cream & Banana Chai Smoothie and I just finished making Banana Muffins. Good stuff with simple, real food ingredients.
11:30am
I need water kefir grains and more swing-top bottles and quart & half-gallon canning jars ... wish list ...

Sun tea in the sun. Eggshells in the dehydrator.

1:15pm

Foraged the boys' dinner and breakfast.

Damn that smoothie is good! And, very cold with the frozen bananas!
 I'll be making the ice cream next!

2pm
OMG! I can't wait for the ice cream to be frozen - it's in my ice cream maker's canister in the freezer now. But, it tastes great already! It should be ready for dinner tonight. All 3 recipes I made today are great. The muffins get a B and the smoothie & ice cream A++! And, I am not even a fan of bananas. I wouldn't even eat them as a kid.

I've been surfing around and found some interesting info ... and something I hadn't considered ... I'm considered a senior (& have been for a year) now by some companies! That seems so strange ... Eek! But, I can get discounts at some places! And, something I have thought about this past year, at times. Should I join AARP. When my mom turned 50 many moons ago, we signed her up. It wasn't worth it, so we dropped it fairly quickly. Has it changed much in 24 years, I wonder. I don't eat out, I don't travel, I don't buy drugs, so still not sure if paying for a membership would be worth it if they don't offer discounts on things I actually do or use ... hmmm.

3:30pm
Free eBooks:
B00J0B6PH2 The Journal (Jack O'Neill)
Derick Parsons
B00IK6BE6U Gluten-Free Desserts: Quick and Easy Delicious Desserts
Sophie Miller
B005HRSUS0 Bones: The Apocalypse Saga
Mark Wheaton

5:45pm
Dinner is broiled beef chuck steak (Mediterranean spice, white pepper and chives,) fermented veggies, ice cream (sprinkled with cinnamon) and raw milk (with potato starch.) Mmmmm.

8pm
My bad shoulder is burning today. I should take some willow bark ...

No comments: