Saturday, April 26, 2014

April 26, 2014

8am
It's been a busy couple of days with work. Getting that new store set up and catching up on some other stores so they wouldn't be late. All caught up now. Starting fresh on Monday. Lots of projects to do, too.

Yay, it's Saturday. Boo, it's cage-cleaning day ... Fun times ...

First load of laundry started. Warming some tapioca in the oven. Exercises done ...

Mmm. Tapioca.

Ice
Flickr user Keith Morgan | Mountain Loop Hwy - Granite Falls, Washington

Most of our obstacles would melt away if, instead of cowering before them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them.
~ Orison Swett Marden

Oak Tree
Flickr user David Silva | Ohlone Wilderness, Alameda County, California

He who plants a tree, plants a hope.
~ Lucy Larcom


The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
John Muir

10:30am
Well. Just over an hour to clean cages today. And, the bucks got to run around in the doves' room. Nice how quick things can get done when I have help.

We had some nice rain yesterday. And, more predicted tomorrow morning. But, today is clearing. So, I'll be uncovering the barbecue later and cleaning it and digging the charcoal out of the shed. Ribs! That's what's for dinner. ;)

1pm
Made a new batch of kefir.

Making an apple cider vinegar marinade for the ribs. Very spicy!
We're going to barbecue apples, too. Trying to decide if I want to make an apple crisp in foil ...

Late lunch. Smoothie: raw milk kefir, 4 large strawberries, 1 ripe banana, ¼ teaspoon each of maca powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, gelatin & ½ teaspoon raw cacao powder. Mmmmm.

2:15pm
I should make more kombucha, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. I hope to make yogurt tomorrow, too.

Third load of laundry in the washer ...

3:45pm
Got the barbecue going and the ribs are on. Decided to just do the apples the way my mom wanted to try. Apple halved and laid on the grill. I may sprinkle with a bit of sugar, too.

My mom's amaryllis finally bloomed. The other one should open soon. It never would bloom in a pot.
One of the hummingbirds is waiting impatiently for me to get out of the yard so she can eat. She's sitting in the middle of the neighbor's lemon tree.
Here's a close-up of her.
4:15pm
Early dinner. Sooo goood!
Yeah, I got a little bit of char happening. Out-of-practice with tamping the flames down.
The marinade didn't turn out as spicy hot as I expected ...

Not enough sugar left to make my kombucha. I may have to put it in the fridge tomorrow, so it won't get too vinegary before I can get more.

9:30pm
Free eBooks!
B00HY60HN8 Cooking in a Cup: Easy recipes for muffin tin meals (Cooking with Kids Series)
Debbie Madson
B00CGZVPUQ Knitting for Knitwits: The Quick and Easy Learn to Knit Guide (with six easy patterns) (Craft Instructables)
Monica Van Zandt
B00CVDM5SE Never Buy Laundry Detergent Again! Refreshingly Cheap Recipes and Tips for Homemade Detergents, Fabric Softeners, and Other Laundry Products (Save at Home Guide)
Steph Hatfield
B00DX0F4FK The Raven
Edgar Allan Poe

No comments: