Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 30, 2014

7:45am
Iceberg Lake
Flickr user Mark Stevens | Iceberg Lake, Glacier National Park, Montana

One kind word can warm three winter months.
~ Japanese Proverb

It's gonna be a hot one today. I have the doors and some windows open and the bucks are out on the deck for some morning sun. I'll roll them back inside when it starts getting too warm for them.

First load of laundry is in the washer. Exercises done.

I need to go forage today and clean Nikky's yard before the guy comes to service the A/C.

9:45am
Yard cleaned. Watering outside is done. Foraging done. Birdbath done. Second load of laundry is in the dryer. The first load is hanging on the drying rack and the inside clothesline. Third load is in the washer and will be hung on the outside clothesline.

1pm
Still waiting for the A/C guy ...

Fifth load of laundry in the wash ...

Listened to another great Daniel Vitalis interview. Such wisdom.
http://notjustpaleo.com/podcast75/

4:15pm
So, finally get to relax a bit. Maintenance is done on the A/C, the bucks are back inside and the house is closed up with the air on for a bit. It is 93F outside right now.

This A/C guy was much better than the one last year. He showed me the parts that should be replaced and explained what their problem was. They are OK for now, but one really should be replaced this year. I got an estimate ... over $500 for the two parts and labor and that is WITH my service plan discount! So, I looked them up on eBay! Less than $50 for both parts - NEW. I will be getting the contactor first as that is the one going out. The capacitor is the more expensive of the two and that will have to wait. I should be able to get the contactor next week. Both are very simple to replace. I need to take the panel off tomorrow and get the model # and other info from the part.

I am going to set up my seed sprouting in a bit. Luckily, I (for some reason!) kept 6 green strawberry baskets last year. Now, they may come in handy. I'm going to line them with a square of muslin and put the seeds on them. And, they will sit on an old cookie sheet. I never can seem to get seeds to sprout in canning jars very well. So, will try this idea.

7:15pm
Oh, new Criminal Minds and CSI tonight! Yay!

I've been listening to a Chris Kresser podcast this afternoon ... two hours ... It's good, but the interview style is kind of boooring ... still good info, though. http://solvingleakygut.com/ck-webinar-replay/

10pm
Well, I got mylittle sprouting baskets set up. I put muslin on the bottom of them. The sprouts are pre-soaking in filtered water. I'll get them in the baskets and take pics tomorrow.

Criminal Minds was really good as usual. The ending was cute with little Jack's class. Jack is getting so big! CSI ... it was one of their worst episodes, I think. It was the pilot for their newest spin-off, which I definitely will not be watching. I can't stand Patricia Arquette and her character was awful. The regulars were as good as always, but she really dragged the episode down, in my opinion. A lot of it did not make sense ... but I hope Hodges adopts the dog ... ;) it was cute.

No comments: