Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11, 2014


As a lamp, a cataract, a star in space
an illusion, a dewdrop, a bubble
a dream, a cloud, a flash of lightning
view all created things like this.

Red Pine

8:45am
My mom is in a 'mood' again today ... oh, joy ...
And, the North winds are worse today. Rattling the doors and windows.

I joined a couple more groups on FaceBook. I know, I know. FaceBook. Ugh. But, with YahooGroups being so totally screwed up these days, it's a toss-up of which is worse! Anyway, they are fermenting groups, so I will probably drop the ones on Yahell that I am in. There are too many in them who argue, anyway. So, I usually delete most of the posts ...

10:30am
Auction: 10 various used US stamps
Auction: 50 Small Rubber Bands
Auction: Jumbo Rubber Bands - 5
Auction: Medium Rubber Bands - 50
Auction: 9 Tea Bag Covers, plus 10 tea tags - for crafts - USED

11:45am
I did it! I added purslane to my smoothie for the first time. It really doesn't effect the taste much! Chewed some on its own while I was foraging for the boys, too. It's starting to go to flower, so I need to get as much for them as I can before they are done growing. Good stuff.
Purslane

I'm also trying to figure out this invasive little thing. Is it an herb or a weed. It's very common around here, but want to make sure what it is, so I'll be asking in the Plant ID group I am in. Don't want to feed me or the boys something bad.
1pm
Bummer, it's spotted spurge (I did know that! But, I had forgotten!) Rabbits won't eat it and people shouldn't due to the sap can cause digestive issues ... so, won't forage that.

3pm

Auction: 5 Amber Glass Dropper Bottles - Used

4:30pm
I've been catching up with Daniel Vitalis' new ReWild Yourself magazine. There is sooooo much great info in them on rewilding, real foods, real humans, etc. Articles, audio interviews, etc. It has taken most of the day. And, I am only half through with the second one (there are only 2, so far.) I can't get enough of this kind of real information! To subscribe and get the password, go here. It's free!

Dinner was pretty good. Spaghetti squash with spicy chicken sausage & raw Cheddar cheese, a couple of Mandarin oranges (not pictured) and raw milk with potato starch.
7:30pm
I just added this new search engine to my browser - DuckDuckGo It's supposed to not be ad-based like Google and Yahell. We'll see.

All the neighbor kids are being particularly noisy this evening. I might go to my room a bit early ...

8:30pm
Ah, hell. I made an ATC for a swap in a series (transportation theme) and put in the envelope without scanning it! I don't want to open the envelope! So, I won't have a record of it for my files. Oh, well ... :(

I was hoping the kids would go inside by now. I gotta take Nikky out. They are gonna distract her ...

Ugh. It's that time of year - the inside gnats have arrived! I've killed 3 around my desk today.

No comments: