Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 22, 2014

2pm
Another lazy day. I only serviced one store ... I got a bit of gas, went to the farm and got milk, took it home. Then headed to Davis to the store I decided to do, along with milk kefir grains packed in ice. I met the Freecycler who needed them. Nice lady. Finished servicing the store and then headed for the co-op for some groceries. I'll do the 2 stores in Dixon tomorrow and then off until Tuesday (Monday is a holiday and the RI office will be closed.)
I need food. Chocolate raw kefir time! It's raw kefir, 1 teaspoon maple syrup and 1 teaspoon raw cacao. Yum!

Today is Sheriff's first anniversary! I found him in the road last year. Doesn't seem that long ago. My mom gave him and Robin some sweet alyssum for their lunch treat and I gave them each a fresh strawberry when I got home.
Here are some pics of Sheree when I found him:
He'd been mauled by a cat (most likely); I treated his wound with coconut oil. You can't even find the scar now. He barely fit in my hand, he was so tiny.
Robin is a month older and was more than twice his size then. Now, their sizes are reversed! Sheree is huge!


Flock of Birds
Flickr user Byron Chin | Hayward Regional Shoreline, Hayward, California

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

3:30pm
Nikky is very wheezy today. She threw up earlier, it was so bad. Must be all the garlic in the air. Seriously. Everything smelled this morning everywhere I went. Garlic harvesting at the farms.

5pm
Dinner. Yum.
Spicy chicken, fermented veggies, raw milk with potato starch.
6:30pm
Kombucha time!
Blackberry/vanilla
WooHoo! Matt Bomer is finally tweeting! He opened his Twitter account ages ago, but never used it ... until today! He's so gorgeous!




It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own.
Arthur Conan Doyle

No comments: