Friday, May 23, 2014

May 23, 2014

8am
Welll, looks like I am being lazy again today ... decided not to work. I do have to take some things to the landfill today, though. Old cans of paint that were in my dad's garage when we emptied it years ago and I thought I might use some of it, but never did. Finally getting rid of it all. And, if I can get one of the big TVs off the porch and fit it in the car, I'll take that, too.

11:30am
Took the paint cans to the landfill. I didn't even have to get out of the car! Popped the trunk and they carted all of them out.
Came home and vacuumed my car, trunk and all. Then, organized my trunk. Threw a lot of stuff for work away that wasn't needed anymore. Much neater and eliminated 1 of the milk crates that held stuff still. Measured the trunk and the backseat, then measured the 2 big TVs. They will both fit ... barely! One in the back seat and one in either the front seat or the trunk. I'll be doing that next week.

And, I have a set of new tire chains and adjusters to sell that I know I'll never use.


My eyes are really itching today. Must be the pigweed pollen, which is supposed to be pretty high right now.

Smoothie for lunch. One cup raw milk kefir, one cup raw milk, 1 frozen banana, 10 fresh strawberries, 1 teaspoon hemp seeds, 1 teaspoon gelatin, 1 teaspoon cacao powder, 1 teaspoon maca powder, 1 teaspoon maple syrup. So darn good.
Turtle
Flickr user Dagmar Collins | Santa Barbara, California

Happy World Turtle Day!

The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.

~ Charles Darwin

3:15pm
I'm having some of my lemon kombucha. It's not too lemony, but it is still good. Next time I will have to put in more than a half lemon's juice per bottle and see if that will up the taste.

4:15pm
Dinner will be baked wild cod with lemon pepper and lemon slices. And, fermented veggies. With raw milk/potato starch.
5:15pm
I recently discovered a site called MeetUp. I've been surfing around it the past couple of days and finding some really cool things. I just joined a local conservation group in my area, Tuleyome Home Place Adventures. Hope to start going to some of their nature events. I never even heard of them before! If I'm lucky, I may be able to find someone who knows of some local springs, closer than Lake Berryessa area. And, I discovered there are waterfalls in Yolo County! I never knew! And, they are not that far from here; a few towns north of us. It's at the end of a trail established in 1889! I want to investigate it! Not sure when the group will be going there, but I will definitely check it out at some point.

7pm
I went outside with Nikky to sit on the porch and read. I didn't even get through half a chapter and the noisy neighbors came out and started making so much noise I couldn't understand a paragraph! Ugh! So, I came inside and finished the chapter ... it is the second Land of Stories by Chris Colfer. The Enchantress Returns. I hope I'll be able to get the third book (A Grimm Warning) when it comes out. I love these stories! He's a really good storyteller.

9pm
I love my night-time chocolate milk! Raw milk, raw cacao, maple syrup. Mmm.

No comments: