Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 6, 2014

8:45am
Decided not to work today ... and, my mom wants to go shopping ... ugh. Shouldn't take too long for what she wants to get, though. Then, I hope to catch up some podcasts and get some listing, cooking and crafting done later.
Rabbit Ears
Flickr user Victoria Morrow | Berkeley, California

It is not the voice that commands the story; it is the ear.
~ Italo Calvino

Well, look at my good boys. They are showing the girls that the nests are safe!
Big Boy showing Little Girl the nest is safe.
Little Boy showing Squabbie how to move the hay in the nest.
Waiting for my mom to get ready to go to the store ... I want to get it done early so I can do the other things I want to do today without too much interruption. I hope to get one or two gallon-sized (or bigger) glass siphon jugs. I broke one of them that I use for water in the fridge a while ago. I also want to get one to start making continuous-brew kombucha. We'll see if they are in my price-range today.

1:15pm
My mom got what she wanted at the store. I also got brake light bulbs for the car. And, I found a really cute 1-gallon mason jar with swing-top lid and spigot! For my kombucha. I would have gotten another one, but it was the only one on the shelf! I'll go back when I have more cash and hopefully I can get another for water.
When we got home, I listened to one of the podcasts from the Diabetes Summit. It is free to access for a limited time each day. I listened to the one with Mark Sisson of Mark's Daily Apple.

I just finished making this recipe: Raw Banana & Almond Butter Ice Cream.
It turned out sooo good!! Just TWO ingredients! It's in the freezer now, so we'll have some with dinner.
First I made almond butter. This was 2 cups of raw almonds. It made about 1½ cups of almond butter. I saved 1 cup for other uses. And, the rest for the ice cream.
Mmmmm. I could've eaten it now. Kind of a soft-serve consistency.
I was going to make more recipes, but I forgot to get a couple of fresh ingredients! I'll have to get them tomorrow.

1:45pm
I'm listing a bunch of books today.
Auction: The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick - Soft Cover - Used

Check out my Paperback Swap Bookshelf! These are the books I have available for swapping right now. (Hurry, they are going fast - 4 have been snagged before 5:30pm!)

5:15pm
Ice cream!
 My sprouts are not doing that great, I don't think ...

No comments: