Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 8, 2014

12:45pm
I stayed home from work today. I'm so bad! I went to the farm and got 3 gallons of milk and then to the store for meat. Got hay for the bunnies at the pet shop. Got some gas for the car. Paid part of a bill.
My mom actually foraged for the boys while I was gone! Shocking!
Did a load of laundry.
Started two batches of bone broth - one chicken, the other a mix of pork, beef and lamb.
Made a yummy smoothie for lunch. Strawberry/banana/blueberry raw milk smoothie. Added cacao, hemp seeds, maca powder, potato starch & gelatin.
Making lavender lemonade next.
And, sun tea! A chai tea and a Breathe Easy tea.

I got a Russet potato and a couple of carrots ready to steam for dinner. They'll be mashed with lots of butter and some green onions. I'm making rotisserie rabbit with a crushed pork rind/cheese/egg batter. Hopefully, it won't all fall off while it's cooking! Ha!
Ground pork rinds with chili powder, dried onions & Italian seasoning.
2:45pm
Lemonade is done. It's not quite as colorful as the pic in the recipe! But, it's still yummy!
Sprouts are doing better and I've even had some myself and gave some to the bunnies this morning!
Sun tea is done! Mmm.
4pm
Well, the plan to rotisserie the rabbit is a bust ... it's too small to go on the spit fork and too big to go in the basket ... so, I'm baking it.
Nikky is having the extra 'breading' and egg wash for her dinner. She's loving it! (And, no ... there aren't enough dried onions in the mix to make her sick.)
5pm
Dinner turned out pretty good!
6pm
So, the other night I finished reading Chris Colfer's Struck By Lightning. That was a fun book, but the ending was kind of a let-down ... I like things that have a chance of continuing ... I still want to see the movie and get the audiobook, though. I love Chris' style of writing. Next up, his The Land of Stories (The Wishing Spell.) I read the first 3 chapters last night! And, went outside and read another chapter this evening.

Having some ice-cold chocolate milk. Mmmm.
7:45pm
Exercises finally done!
Courthouse Towers
Flickr user Robert Cross | Radnor Lake, Nashville, Tennessee

I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
~ Henry David Thoreau
Courthouse Towers
Flickr user Ralph Earlandson | Courthouse Towers, Arches National Park, Utah

The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.
~ Thomas Paine

I have 2 more books to mail tomorrow. I hope to get more listed this weekend. I might get a shelf cleared!

No comments: