Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

9:45am
Trying to get a hold of someone with the oil company about my royalty checks is really like pulling teeth. I sent an email last month and never got any response. Now, I have called 3 different numbers this morning and left a message. Still waiting for someone to call me back ... irritated.

Just listed on eBay!


Cobra Cable Chains and Rubber Tire Chain Adjusters by Quality Chain Corp. - NEW!
Cobra Cable Chains and Rubber Tire Chain Adjusters by Quality Chain Corp. - NEW!
Item Id: 201100739361
Starting price: $16.00
Buy It Now price:
$30.00Buy It Now
End time: Jun-09-14 09:45:49 PDT


Ah, finally! They called back. They audited their payment plan and discovered they hadn't been taking out the right amount of working expenses on the drilling or some such thing for the past 7 years! So, of course, they couldn't bother to send letters out to us owners to let us know they would be pulling extra out (that they failed to pull for those 7 years) to play catch up! But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Normal amounts will start again in Sept. ... And, they are supposed to start mailing on a regular schedule so we won't get a check at the beginning of one month and then the middle of another, etc. It's been very erratic lately.

11:15pm
I'm making candied lemon peels. It's pretty easy. I've had the lemon peels in water in the fridge since I made that big batch of lemonade and lemon ice cubes a couple weeks ago. I've used a few to freshen the garbage disposal, but I have plenty for making this. I'll most likely freeze the rest of them for future use, though. My hands smell very lemony! :)

Well, shit. Just got an email from work. We'll have a 'shut-down' week at the end of the month, rather than on July 4th week ... At least they gave more than a week's notice this time ... grrr. Well, I can plan to do the painting on the back wall then! No excuses unless we are having a heatwave or I'm sick ... ;)

3:30pm
Well, the candied lemon peels are taking forever! They've been simmering in the simple syrup for HOURS and still not all transluscent! I've pulled a couple out and they were still a bit too chewy, but the flavor was YUM! I think they are almost done, though. Then, I'll let them sit on a drying grill and then coat in some sugar. Wish my dehydrator hadn't died ...

Auction: Jumbo Rubber Bands - 5
Auction: 5 Amber Glass Dropper Bottles - Used - re-listed
Bryce Canyon
Flickr user David Silva | Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

And this our life, exempt from public haunt,
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones, and good in everything.

~ William Shakespeare

4:30pm
Lemon peels are on the drying rack and I have a pint jar of lemony simple syrup for future use. I'll dredge the peels in sugar after dinner. We are having chicken leg quarters with broccoli.
Free eBooks!
B003UBAX62 The Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book: Great Dairy-, Egg-, and Nut-Free Treats for the Whole Family
Kelly Rudnicki
B00IMLJ4V0 Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Bacon Recipes
Gooseberry Patch
B00EARNFU6 (2 BOOK BUNDLE) "How to Knit Scarves" and "How to Knit Socks": Learn How to Knit Scarves and Socks Quick and Easy
Chloe Thompson
B00BS2EIIO The Law of the Jungle
H.L. Holston


No comments: