Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 21, 2014

11:45am
Happy Summer Solstice!

Gah! I'm so tired. Cleaned cages. Scrubbed walls and floors. Vacuumed. Cleaned the yard. Cleaned hummingbird feeders/made my mom refill and hang. Two loads of laundry. Trying to rest before I have to go out and cut Bermuda grass to make hay and then go to the co-op for bunny food ... if I have enough gas ...

I also need to go out and get the parts numbers off of the A/C for the 2 parts I need to replace. I finally have enough money in my PayPal to order them since I sold that old tea set (and it arrived safely.)

2:45pm
NO more today! I've done more than enough! Brought the boys in and turned on the A/C before I left. Got home from the co-op after having spent my last $4 on butter and got greens for the bunnies to last at least until Monday. Pulled into the driveway with the low gas light coming on! Will have to ride my eBike to Davis on Monday for their greens ... Then, I pulled up bindweed to dry for hay. It should be dry by the time I am out of their meadow hay. I'll cut Bermuda grass tomorrow, so I'll have more to dry.

I'll have to get the parts numbers for the A/C tomorrow ... it's too hot out there now to take the metal cover off.

Having my last bottle of kombucha on ice. I need to make a new batch. And, more milk kefir ... I should have my water kefir grains arriving next week, I hope.


And, my mom is being a smart-ass ... wonderful ...

3:30pm
I was going to barbecue this afternoon, but I'm too tired. So, I'll do it tomorrow. In the meantime, we decided on something else for tonight. My mom is going to use her annoying NuWave oven to cook short ribs that aren't thawed out completely ... and steam some broccoli with leftover rice. I had to look up something for her about the NuWave and discovered that I can use it as a dehydrator!!! Yay. I can make some dog treats and some other things this week that I've been wanting to make! Hopefully, I'll be able to get some carne asada later this week to make jerky, too!

Free eBooks!
B00KSNVAKS Canning and Preserving: Master The Art Of Canning and Preserving Food Using Jars (Preserving Food, Food Storage, Pressure Canning , Water Bath Canning, Hot Packing, Raw Canning)
Charlie Morgan
B00J3E5L80 How to Crochet: A Beginners Guide to Learning to Crochet Today (The Ultimate Crocheting Book to Unlock Your Inner Artistic Talent)
Victoria Lane
B00BB0WCA4 Hunter of Demons (SPECTR Book 1)
Jordan L. Hawk
B00DM8A83G Leger - Cat Sleuth (The Leger - Cat Sleuth Mysteries Book 1)
Lacey Dearie


OMG! Why did I not make the connection about this genre of fiction!? Cozy Mysteries!  One of my favorite authors, Lilian Jackson Braun, falls into this category with The Cat Who series of books. And, Murder She Wrote does, too. I love these. I have more books/eBooks to collect!  Arrggh!

9pm
Poppy
Flickr user Ronnie Goyette | San Luis Obispo, California

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.
~ Desmond Tutu
Wren
Flickr user Michelle Maani | Oso Flaco Lake, San Luis Obispo County, California

Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
~ Rumi




No comments: