Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 24, 2014

3:45pm
Happy Midsummer Day!

It's been a busy day.

I scraped together enough money to get a couple gallons of gas, so I didn't ride my eBike to Davis for the bunny greens. I was also able to go to the library in hopes they had the next book in the Laurien Berenson series. But, they didn't. So, I requested it from another library and it should arrive at mine next week. I checked the mail and my new water kefir grains arrived! I need to read up on them and will probably start a batch tomorrow. When I got home we moved the furniture around. We ended up moving the fish tank across the room, too. I'll also be moving a couple of the hanging plants tomorrow that are now hanging right over the table. And, finally, I got the 2 parts ordered off eBay for the A/C. I thanked the guy for being so helpful and he offered to ship them Priority for free! Nice! Less than $40! When I had the A/C maintenance done last month, I was quoted nearly $500 from them to change the parts - most of that labor! Crazy!
Now, I'm getting everything ready to barbecue. Ribs and eggplant! I've only had eggplant once before and hated it. But, I am going to try it grilled. I just gave a chunk to each of the bucks and they both liked it.

5:15pm
That wasn't bad. I'll have to get eggplant again and try some other recipes with it.

Just had a small conversation with my former sponsored child on FaceBook. Haven't heard from him in a while. He was my second sponsored child, back in the early '80s. Sadly, I wasn't able to complete the sponsorship through his aging out as I had my first. But, he's done well. He's a professor. :)

7:30pm
Oregon Coast
Flickr user Tamra J. Parker | Oregon Coast

You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.
~ Henry David Thoreau
Oh, summer has clothed the earth
In a cloak from the loom of the sun!
And a mantle, too, of the skies’ soft blue,
And a belt where the rivers run.
Paul Laurence Dunbar (1872–1906)


8:30pm
I was chatting with my friend, Velda, earlier about some of her eBay items and she has a ceramic Chinese horse of the same mold as 2 that I have. My mom and I made them back in 1982. I took pics to show her, so I might as well post them here, too!
I made this on June 2, 1982
My mom made this one on February 28, 1982.

No comments: