Friday, June 27, 2014

June 27, 2014

8am
I'm going to paint today! It's not going to be nearly as hot as predicted! The heatwave forecast has been pushed to start on Monday ...
Forest with Bluebells
Flickr user Scott Elkins | Mugdock Country Park, Scotland

Life's enchanted cup sparkles near the brim.
~ Lord Byron

Tomorrow is the Co-op Tasting Fair. I'm going after I clean cages. Not sure if my mom wants to come with me. Many of the co-ops' vendors will be there with free samples of their foods and other products. I just RSVP'd. I hope to stop and check the wild berry bushes that I took pics of a couple weeks ago on the way there, too.


We are surrounded by story.
Alice McDermott


Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness.
Pearl S. Buck

OMG! A friend got me John Barrowman's new album!! Listening now ... love it so much.

11:45am
Just finished 2½ hours of painting. It was getting hot up there under the deck awning! My mom started on the deck skirting early this morning, too. We did a lot today. But, I am done until Monday. She likes to go out early in the morning, so will be doing the rest of the skirting and the lower part of the deck-side wall in the next week or so.
My mom had to cut down all the canna lilies the other day so she could get to the skirting. It's a very narrow space.
I need to repair the entrance ceiling before it can be painted. It is sagging. Should just need a couple of screws.
The end is near!

When we came in, my mom gave Robin and Sheriff a half apple each for their lunch. I gave Nikky a piece of freeze-dried raw food (chicken) and she dropped a piece when she bit into it. Ezra got curious and came over to check it out. And, he ate it!!! So, I got another piece for him (beef/salmon) and he ate that!! WooHoo! This is what they had:
B0082C00P8 Primal Pet Foods Freeze-Dried Canine Chicken Formula
Primal Pet Foods
B0093OLLDE Primal Pet Foods Freeze-Dried Feline Beef and Salmon Formula
Primal Pet Foods

I just got samples yesterday, but I may get full bags in the future as a back-up for the homemade. I'll be grinding the meats I got for them after I finish resting and have my own lunch.

3:45pm
I ground up 2 chicken backs and bagged enough for 5 days for Nikky (about 3 oz. each). She'll also get a tiny piece of calf liver with it. She also helped clean up the mess I made. Licked my hand clean and the floor and one of the bowls! Ezra will be more problematic in the complete change-over. He threw up kibble crap about 20 minutes after he snagged the raw food this morning. Didn't realize he'd already eaten that. It takes different enzymes to digest raw and also the digestion rate is different than cooked, extruded crap. So, we'll have to wait until he's done with the kibble and any canned foods we still have around here to switch him over. Nikky has no kibble left after today.

I've decided I don't like my kombucha flavored with apple. I have 4 bottles left and won't make it that way again. Don't like the flavor. It's the first flavoring I've disliked since I started making it.

5pm
Dinner!



No comments: