Friday, July 18, 2014

July 18, 2014

4:45pm
Well, I really rushed around this morning, in hopes I would make it to the Tuleyome orientation meeting at noon ... I was about 25 minutes late ... but, I got there and I filled out the volunteer paperwork. Hopefully, I'll pass the background check. I should know next week.
I got the store serviced in Sacramento this morning after stopping at the co-op in Davis for bunny greens (they were out yesterday afternoon when I was there!) Then, I rushed through Sacramento lunch-time traffic to get to the meeting ... after that I ran to the post office to ship a birthday present and a swap and get a few groceries to make dinner.
I made this yummy recipe for dinner: Chicken Apple Salad It was quick and easy! Nikky had some of the chicken before I fried it up in bacon fat. I didn't have any pecans, so I chopped up some pine nuts and pumpkin seeds. And, used dried cranberries in place of raisins. And raw cream instead of coconut cream. Yummy! I also had a pear and raw milk with potato starch.
Birds
Flickr user Pam Sutton | Scottsdale, Arizona

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
~ Nelson Mandela


No comments: