Wednesday, August 13, 2014

August 13, 2014

8:30am
I am so tired. I've been getting woke up early for over a month ... My mom is so noisy. 'oh, did I wake you up?' No duh ... It's starting to get to me.

But, at least I am home today. Almost time to start on the cages. I already have the boys and Kayla out on the deck.

And, I have to figure out something for the hamsters' water. Both Zihna and Cassia pulled their new bottles down and half their bedding is soaked. It's good I'm cleaning today!

1:15pm
Ugh. We've got tooooo much STUFF! Just did some more rearranging. I think my office is good, now. I have room in the Critters' Room now for the new hamster when he arrives next week and to set up the old puppy playpen for the other rabbit when I decide on one. Hopefully, by the end of the month. That will be all the animals coming in until births start.

I need to research critter-safe spray paint. I have 4 cages I want to paint, but can't until I am sure the coating is safe enough if they chew the bars ...

Huh. Found some good answers for the cage-painting. Rust-O-Leum or marine-grade paint for above the waterline. Now, to decide on colors. I think we'll most likely go with white.
Corn
Flickr user Toms Nature Photos | Avila Valley, California

Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.
~ A. A. Milne
Horned Owl
Flickr user David Silva | Buckskin Gulch, Utah

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
~ Jimi Hendrix
Dust Storm, Death Valley
Flickr user Fred Moore | Death Valley National Park, California

There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm.
~ Willa Cather
Gull
Flickr user Lindell Dillon | East Bay, Texas

Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.

~ Langston Hughes

Flickr user Karen McQuilkin | Burch Creek Canyon, Ogden, Utah

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched -- they must be felt with the heart.
~ Helen Keller

6:30pm
Loong day tomorrow. Gotta go to the farm for milk. Then, four stores to service. I also have to meet the gal that is going to pick up the hamster in Redding for me.

7:15pm
Yay! The gal that I'm meeting messaged me and says she will be going up for the hamster on Saturday!

No comments: