Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 17, 2014

8:45am
Sadly, hatchling #2 didn't make it. The parents squished it. But, #1 is doing really well.
They look so sweet. This is before I lifted Little Girl off the nest and found the body!
Look at that fat gullet! #1 is doing really well.
11:15am
I got a little painting done. Not as much as I'd wanted to do, but it was windy up there and drying the paint too quickly. Annoying! Plus, my ladder is not tall enough to do the carport trim! I'm going to have to do some thinking about how I'm going to get that done. I was able to get a small part of it done as far as I could reach ... I may have to lay on top of the carport to do the rest as I have to get on the roof to paint the flashing that joins the carport to the roof, anyway. No one painted it when it was done before and it is still the original dark brown color! Looks awful.

Made more hummingbird food. Damn ants keep drinking it all! :/

My mom is transplanting all of her cactus & succulents AGAIN ... More will probably die ... So, now she wants to plant bulbs in the big brick box ... That's what we had in there to begin with (and never got them all out when she wanted to put the cacti in there, but couldn't find them all!) Annoying.

Getting some things priced for the big yard sale next weekend. It's the big one the park allows every year. A month later than usual, though. I've got sooo much stuff.

9pm
Almost forgot to post dinner. It was good. Scrambled eggs, Llano Seco Argentine-inspired sausage, apple with almond hazelnut butter, raw milk with potato starch.

No comments: