Friday, August 22, 2014

August 22, 2014

1pm
Busy morning. I rode my bike to the mailbox (sans battery! haha!) Getting ready for the yearly yard sale this weekend. My mom and I cleaned the driveway (she swept, I pulled spotted spurge weeds that the critters can't eat.) I set up all my tables. I finished pricing all the stuff and piled it in the laundry room hallway. I just finished advertising in the local selling groups I'm in.

Cleaning the washing machine finally! I used the homemade soft scrub I made last month for the inside of the lid and the lip of the tub. Worked great. Now, I am using this recipe: Washing Machine Cleaning Recipe
I have it soaking right now. Hope it gets some of the crud off! When you have at least one load EVERY day of pet blankets, it gets really bad! And, I keep telling my mom to leave the lid open so it won't get smelly, but she's always closing it! I used tea tree oil. I can't do eucalyptus ...

9pm
That recipe did pretty well for the washing machine. Got the smell out. I'll have to do that regularly. Maybe once a month.
Damselfly
Flickr user Karen A. NcQuilkin | View a larger image and leave a comment

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
~ Marcel Proust
Hummingbird
Flickr user Linda Hall | Roseville, California | View a larger image and leave a comment

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

~ Emily Dickinson

ne Cleaning Recipe

No comments: