Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 3, 2014

7:30am
The day is starting off nice. It's 59°F. I have all the doves and rabbits on the deck for the morning.
My mom finished painting the back stair railing, other than a few touch-ups.
I'll be painting the peak on the front wall and down between the windows today. I doubt I will finish the whole wall, but will next weekend.

10:30am
I painted the peak and between the windows! I wanted to do more, but the Delta Breeze was drying my paint and making it clump too much. So, I have to wait until next weekend to finish.
It's still nice out. I still have the critters out on the deck. It's 72°F right now. Load of laundry in the dryer. I need to make sun tea, now.

I'm making lemon-ginger sun tea and strawberry-green tea sun tea.

I'll be making a mixed berry/banana smoothie for lunch. And, I'll be using the whey I drained out of the cream cheese yesterday in it. Extra protein!  ;)

2:30pm
It's still fairly nice out, but I brought all the critters in after lunch. Discussed with my mom about pulling the rug up in the dove's room after the house trim is done painted. So, hopefully next month some time. Then, all the rabbits will be able to be in there once I get some drop-cloths to put under the cages. I won't have the money until next year to put a new floor down, so I'll be covering it with washable stuff. But, anything will be better than carpet!

4:30pm
WooHoo! Ezra ate raw chopped up chicken (not ground!) and even a wing-tip! Of course, my mom covered it in freeze-dried raw. But, he ate the whole bowl-ful! Good boy!

The bucks are going to have some watermelon (mostly rind) for dinner!

OMG! My dinner is yummy, too! Broiled lamb chop; leftover stuffed chili peppers; watermelon; raw milk with potato starch.
Gah! Primal eating is soooo good! Just real food for me, my mom and the critters.

8pm
Sharknado? Seriously!? Who comes up with this shit ...

Ooh, I may have found another rabbit. Waiting for a response if they have any females left. If so, that will be 2 to pick-up on Thursday. And, that is what I wanted. Two unrelated does to match my bucks.

9pm
I think the neighbors are having a birthday party for daddy. They aren't normally this noisy (usually it's the other neighbors who are ...)
Canada gosling
Flickr user Lindell Dillon | Lake Thunderbird State Park, Norman, Oklahoma

Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
~ Franz Kafka
Monarch Butterflies
Flickr user Dan O'Donnell | Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California

Free the child's potential, and you will transform him into the world.
~ Maria Montessori
Alabama Hills
Flickr user Fred Moore | Alabama Hills, Lone Pine, California

Virtue is bold, and goodness never fearful.
~ William Shakespeare
Bee and Flowers
Flickr user Sam McMillan | Atascadeo, California

Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.
~ Booker T. Washington
Denali National Park
Flickr user Mark Stevens | Brooks Range, Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska

Doubt begins only at the last frontiers of what is possible.
~ Ambrose Bierce

No comments: