Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 30, 2014

Noon
Whew! All the cleaning is done. Clean cages, fresh food, birds and hamsters exercised (still need to let the rabbits out later), and plastic sheeting replaced under the rabbit cages (Ezra put holes in the other ...)

Having a yummy smoothie - Salted Caramel Thickshake. It's the third one down on that page. I doubled the recipe. I may try another on that page tomorrow! My blender is starting to make noises ... I've about worn it out, I think! May have to start using the Cuisenart as a blender for a while, until I can get a new one. Hmmm. I might put out an ISO on FreeCycle. That's how I got rid of my other one years ago (It didn't have a lot of power to make my smoothies ...)

The neighbors got rabbits. Looks like a Dutch and not sure on the other. Can't see that far. They have them in a big harvester/traveling pen on the grass. They have about the biggest yard of anyone in this park. Hope they don't dig out and the neighborhood dogs/cats don't get to them. I sure wouldn't leave mine outside unsupervised around here ...

My mom got the kitchen door and the living room door painted gray the past two mornings. Tomorrow, she'll start on the red accents. We don't use either of those doors. I need to cover the glass for her later, so paint won't get on them.

Tomorrow, I'll be painting on the eave trim. Monday, too. Then, Monday night Zihna and Damian will be bred. I need to get the breeding tank set up for them. I need to shred more paper first!

1pm
I just fixed my mom's old sphygmomanometer (aka blood pressure monitor) and then tested myself. Haven't done that in YEARS. Still nice and low. 96/63 and pulse of 61. I've always had low pressure ...

3:30pm
WooHoo! I just picked up a free Grow-Light. New in the unopened box, through FreeCycle. We just might get some seeds to sprout in here, now!

Whhhoooo. My mom just mixed up some sauce for chicken wings and made me taste it. My mouth is on fire! Good stuff.

6:30pm
It's too damn hot outside to work! But, my mom is bugging me to put the blue tape around the door accents and paper the door windows ... it's 98°F! Ugh.


8:15pm

I am different, not less.
Temple Grandin

Fox
Flickr user Forrest Stanley | Crater Lake National Park, Oregon | View a larger image and leave a comment

Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.
~ David McCullough

Fox
Flickr user Beau Considine | Brigantine, New Jersey | View a larger image and leave a comment

Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue; to the end, we should hear and see more than we speak.
~ Socrates

No comments: