Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 17, 2014

7:30am
I was up until after midnight, reading! I haven't posted the links in a while of the books that I've been reading ... so, I'll list all of them in the Melanie Travis series:
0758246331 A Pedigree To Die For
Laurien Berenson
B0099TTZC2 Underdog (Melanie Travis Mystery Book 2)
Laurien Berenson
B0099TTZRC Dog Eat Dog (Melanie Travis Mystery Book 3)
Laurien Berenson
075828747X Hair of the Dog (Melanie Travis Mysteries)
Laurien Berenson
0758213441 Watchdog (Melanie Travis Mysteries)
Laurien Berenson
1575666006 Hush Puppy: A Melanie Travis Mystery (Melanie Travis Mysteries)
Laurien Berenson
1575666804 Unleashed: A Melanie Travis Mystery (Melanie Travis Mysteries)
Laurien Berenson
0758287461 Once Bitten (A Melanie Travis Mystery)
Laurien Berenson
0758287453 Hot Dog (A Melanie Travis Mystery)
Laurien Berenson
1575667843 Best In Show (Melanie Travis Mysteries)
Laurien Berenson
157566786X Jingle Bell Bark: A Melanie Travis Mystery
Laurien Berenson
0758208146 Raining Cats & Dogs (Melanie Travis Mysteries)
Laurien Berenson
B00DQB1HBG Chow Down (Melanie Travis Mystery Book 13)
Laurien Berenson
075821605X Hounded To Death (Melanie Travis Mysteries)
Laurien Berenson
0758216068 Doggie Day Care Murder (Melanie Travis Mysteries)
Laurien Berenson
0758284535 Gone With the Woof (A Melanie Travis Mystery)
Laurien Berenson
0758284551 Death of a Dog Whisperer (A Melanie Travis Mystery)
Laurien Berenson
I just finished Hounded to Death and I'll be starting Doggie Day Care later today. It is such a fun series set in the world of dog shows and dog breeding.

3:30pm
Busy day. Got all the cages cleaned, etc. Vacuumed the cabinets. Scrubbed the top of one of the fridges; pulled all the toasters, can openers, extra mixer that I want to try to Freecycle by the end of the month. They all need to be cleaned before I take pics and post them. My mom pulled all the old cookbooks that were my aunt's and I'll be getting rid of all those. Mostly microwave recipes and such that we'll never use. Moved the microwave up on top of the fridge. (I'm weaning my mom off of it! She's down to just using it to defrost stuff, so this was her idea to put it up there! I may be able to get rid of it soon!) I got the chicken broth jarred. It's cooling off a bit before I put all the jars in the fridge. I revived my water kefir grains that I've ignored all summer, it seems. I thought they were dead, but I rinsed them several times and they actually look alright! So, I started a new batch. This weekend, I hope to get the kombucha going again, too.

Oh, and I made this recipe: 3 Ingredient Ginger Strawberry Sorbet to have with dinner tonight.

And ... there are no hamster pups. I'll wait until Friday to be sure and then Zihna and Damian will be bred again this weekend.

5:15pm
Dinner! Lamb steak; lentils; sorbet (see above link); raw milk with potato starch. We were going to have snow peas, too ... but, my mom forgot about them and they burned!
Flathead Lake, Montana
Flickr user Seth GaleWyrick | Flathead Lake, Montana | View a larger image and leave a comment.

Walk on a rainbow trail; walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail.
~ Robert Motherwell

Oh, good. Criminal Minds tonight. Last season's finalé to lead into the new season next week! Finally!


No comments: