Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5, 2014

5:15pm
We had a big scare earlier - about 30 minutes ago. A huge crash coming from the Critter Room ... Ezra, apparently, has been in a mood all day (I didn't get home until 3, so I have no idea ...) Well, I guess he tried to jump up on top of Paloma and Dovelet's cage. It didn't work. The cage tumbled off the shelf upside down to the floor and pushed Big Boy, Little Girl & #1's cage almost off of its shelf. Luckily, my mom was in the kitchen and rushed over and caught that one before it could hit the floor, too. What a mess! Bird seed, water, bird poop and feathers everywhere. I had to carefully upright Paloma and Dovelet's cage as they were very upset. I checked all 7 doves and all are fine. Nothing broken. Vacuumed the floor. Checked on the rabbits who were all huddled in the corner of their cages, terrified. The hamsters slept through it all. Nikky whined and carried on. Ezra is hiding under my mom's bed.

So. It's a good thing I had stopped at Home Depot on the way home and bought some of the parts for the flight cage I want to build for the birds. I'll be able to get all the frame done this weekend. I bought the PVC pipes & elbows, and about half of the clamps, and the floor tiles. Just need the wire, some more clamps, the wood for the floor and the wheels (unless I have some of those in the shed ...) I am going to be building a flight cage similar to this:

No comments: