Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19, 2014

Noon
Had to help my mom this morning so she would leave me alone. She's been bugging me to lay down the aggregate stones in the backyard even though I keep telling her I'll just have to pull them all up later on. She does not 'get' that the ground has to be leveled ... So, I laid them out for her ... Then, I pulled Bermuda grass for the bunnies and trimmed the lower branches on the lemon tree and thinned some of the sucker branches out. Also, sprayed it (homemade, organic) for aphids or whatever the little bugs are. I think I accidentally sprayed a ladybug, too ... :( Then, I put a ring of bricks around the base. Looks much better.
Refilled the hummer feeders, made them all happy.
Working on shredding paper for the hamsters. Two bags done. Want to do one more, I think.
Just made this smoothie for lunch. I only subbed mixed berries for the blackberries since I am out of those. There are a few in the mixed berries, though. Blackberry-Cinnamon Smoothie

3:15pm
Free eBook!
B00M8B6XLE The Before Now and After Then
Peter Monn


Life is mostly froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.

Adam Lindsay Gordon

No comments: