Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 25, 2014

9:45am
It's been a very busy week, with more to come next week. Lots of special projects for work. Seems like every chain of stores is having resets the next few weeks. Busy, busy.

Of course, I woke up early and sick today. Stomach ... drinking ginger tea. I have 3 days next week that I HAVE to work.

I rearranged part of my office yesterday. I like it. Basically, I just switched the TV and the computer positions. But, the part that takes the longest is getting all the cables, wires, surge protectors, etc. moved to the right place.

Today is the first day of the season when I actually feel cold and can't seem to warm up. Had to put socks on. And, going to get a shirt with long sleeves on! It has to be because I don't feel good ... grrr. Much better with the long sleeves, now.

I'm going to make oven French fries for lunch. I haven't had these in a very long time. Oven Baked French Fries I'll be subbing coconut oil for the olive oil.

I bred Damian, with Zihna on Wed., and Cassia on Thurs. I'll keep putting them together until I'm sure they are bred!

1:30pm
Those fries were pretty good. No pics, though.

I thought I was going to have to spend the afternoon trying to get the satellite receiver and remote to work on the TV in my mom's bedroom that I couldn't get to work the other day when we switched the rooms around. Today, it worked! Figures. She's been complaining every day that she wanted her TV back so she could watch TV in bed ... ugh. Now, she can. Not sure what I did differently than the other day, but at least it works now.

Tummy is still gurgling, but I'm feeling better. Charcoal does wonders sometimes.

3:15pm
We are having a gluten-free homemade pizza tonight. I need to get the crust ready. We'll be having ground buffalo, bacon and spinach with mozzarella and Cheddar cheese on it.

5pm
The pizza was soooo good. It's been a few years since we've had one, but I think I found a simple recipe that works well for the crust. Quick and Easy Gluten Free Flat Bread Wraps I used Arrowhead Mills Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix in it. I patted the dough onto a 10½-inch cast iron round griddle after spreading a bit of coconut oil. Fried it lightly on both sides. Let it cool while my mom fried the bacon and ground buffalo with some frozen spinach. Topped the crust with a light brushing of tomato sauce. Layered some shredded Cheddar and Mozzarella, then the meat mixture, then topped with more cheese. Put in the oven, griddle and all, at 425°F for about 10 minutes - until cheese melted and started to brown slightly. It was very good!

Sold another book on eBay. Waiting for payment so I can ship tomorrow.

No comments: