Sunday, October 5, 2014

October 5, 2015

8:15am
I watched Antenna TV last night. It's an actual channel! Lots of oldies, which are my absolute favorite type of shows to watch. I watched 2 episodes of Burns & Allen and one of Jack Benny (with Bob Hope as the guest!) I need to catch last week's episode of CSI, as I didn't know that they moved the show to Sundays!!!! So, second ep of the season is tonight!

Gotta paint today. I may be getting on the roof to do it as there is no place to lean the ladder safely for the areas that still need painting ... :(

11:30am
Ugh. I am tired and sore. Still recovering from the long days bike- and bus-riding. Hanging onto a steeply-set ladder did not help this morning. So, I didn't get as much painting done as I had hoped. But, at least I don't have to get on the roof for this part, after all!
I got this done today.
This will be done next weekend.
These two sections I'll have to do from the roof ... :( The ladder is not tall enough ... but, that will have to be a couple weeks from now.
I need to finish making broth (it's been cooking for 2 days ...) Dinner was so filling last night that I'm still not very hungry.

5:45pm
I made this simple syrup (Simple Easy Blueberry Milk) to have later this evening. I saved the blueberries for dinner and mixed with raw cream.


I made these recipes for tonight's dinner. It was so good!
Sweet Garlic Chicken - Thanks to my friend, AnnO, for sharing this one on FB. I subbed whole leg quarters and coconut oil for the breasts and olive oil.
Roasted Squash & Apple Soup This turned out really good. I subbed coconut oil for the olive oil and bone broth for the veggie stock.  And, I topped it with red chili powder and a piece of green onion.



No comments: