Thursday, November 27, 2014

November 27, 2014

11:30am
Well, it's Thanksgiving ... just another day to me, really. But, hope you all are having a good one.

I'm working on getting some of my files organized now that I have everything back on my computer. It's something I should have done a long time ago. They are a mess. Music, video and image files all over the place. Files here, files there, etc. Trying to sort of streamline things and organize them and delete any duplicates.

And, reading lots of articles during file transfers. Here's some good ones:

NATURAL ROOM SCENTS
She Hasn’t Made Any Trash In Two Years. This Is What Her Life Is Like
Have You Heard of The Great Forgetting? It Happened 10,000 Years Ago & Completely Affects Your Life
THANKS for DIABETES!?
Turkey's great escape foils my Thanksgiving plans


I made a sale! Yay. $10. Not too bad for sitting on my butt. ;)

And, I discovered my BillMeLater account has been re-opened! Yay! I got behind in payments earlier in the year and it was closed and got put on a direct repayment schedule until next year. I haven't been late since that started. ;) I really didn't want to lose this account!

I need to get something to eat for lunch and make some tea. Then, start getting things together for dinner.

Just gave the hamsters and rabbits some Lady apples for lunch. The hamster pups are having them for the first time. So cute! Love these little apples. Perfect size for the little critters.

1:15pm
I was just thinking that it is so strange, but I just don't feel like watching TV. This is something that I was so addicted to for the majority of my life. When I was younger, I would just sit in front of it all day and night. But, there is now such a dearth of good programs that I don't even turn it on most of the time. My time watching TV has gone down drastically in this past year, especially. But, really, I think the past 5 years I cut back a lot. I have very few 'new' shows that I will watch (Criminal Minds, CSI ...) and 2 others (White Collar and Perception) are ending this season. Other than that, I prefer the shows I grew up with and old movies (which I've always preferred.) So, I am glad I will be getting rid of 'payTV' next year. I told my mom she will just have to remember how to get off her butt and move the antenna when she changes a channel (she has satellite on her TV right now)! Just like the old days! I love the AntennaTV channel. Love seeing Emergency!, CHiPs, and older shows that I always watched before. Gilligan's Island, Hogan's Heroes! Love those. So much better than today's garbage - news and 'reality' shows (which are both scripted, so there is nothing 'real' about either one!) I know that my addiction, over the past few years, has passed on to the computer screen from the TV screen. But, since I have realized that, I've started making an effort to cut back on this, too. Some of my online friends may not have noticed that, since I seem to post just as much! ;) I'm just breaking up my time online more and doing other things around the house, with my critters, trying to find things to do to volunteer my time/learn outside of home, crafting, and read more.

4pm
OMG! Dinner is smelling and looking so yummy. Making me hungry! We are having rotisserie chicken (warmed up, as it was made by the co-op yesterday;) wild rice with dried cranberries and walnuts dressing; salad; whole cranberry sauce; 5 Minute Grain Free Apple Pie Filling; and raw milk. 
5:30pm
I. Am. Stuffed. But, it was so good. And, there are enough leftovers for the same dinner tomorrow. I just need to pick up a couple of Granny Smith apples to make the apple pie filling again. I'm going to the co-op in the morning to get more greens for the bunnies, so I can get them then.

Alberta
Flickr user Victoria Morrow | Morro Bay, California | View a larger image and leave a comment.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.
~ Thích Nhất Hạnh

Mount Grinnell
Flickr user Sandy Kirkner | Mount Grinnell and Swiftcurrent Lake, Glacier National Park, Montana | View a larger image and leave a comment.

Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us; and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips and shows itself in deeds.
~ Theodore Roosevelt
 

No comments: