Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 29, 2014

11:15am
Done with Saturday cage cleaning!
I'm listening to Daniel Vitalis' podcasts today. Trying to catch up on all the knowledge he gives so freely.
I've taken a bunch of pictures for another photo scavenger hunt. It's always interesting to see what you can find that fits each item.
1 - Something with the word "LOVE" on it
I was scrolling through my timeline on FaceBook and saw this.

2 - An item you use daily
I always have my glass of water on my desk and refill it several times during the day.

3 - Something or someplace peaceful
This was a hard one, but these babies are so fun and relaxing to watch that it is peaceful.

4 - The word "assembly" on a package or sign
This was a hard one, too. But, I needed to find my Canon printer installation disc, and this manual was in the same drawer!

5 - A souvenir from a trip or vacation you or someone took
My grandmother took an Amtrak train to North Dakota back in the '70s and got this.

6 - A trophy or award you received
Back in the '80s-early '90s, I bred and showed many animals (Cocker Spaniels, rats, mice, hamsters, rabbits and cavies). These are just a few of the awards they earned.
 I took more pics of the hamster pups:

It was fun finally being able to handle them and watch them play. There are 2 boys and 5 girls.

5:15pm
Whew. Finally got my old moccasins apart. Tomorrow, I will trace them so that I'll have a good pattern to make more. Then, I will start re-stitching them.
I'm still listening to podcasts. I'm on #8. Go here: http://www.danielvitalis.com/rewild-yourself-podcast/
and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit Older Posts until you get to the first one and start from there!

9:15pm
Well, I got quite a surprise when I was feeding all the critters and putting them to bed for the night! Patty had bunnies! I was shocked and yet, I shouldn't have been. The way she came to me. Dakota probably bred her right after she lost the last litter all over the ground next door. Anyway, I started to open the door of her pen to get her bowls and saw blood on her towel and then saw hair everywhere. But, no bunnies. So I searched the tray and under the cage. One had burrowed under the towels in the tray and the other had burrowed in the sheets under the cage! There are only 2 (and they both look like Dakota in their markings!) I searched under all the cages and sheets to make sure no one else had crawled away. I now have her in the big playpen and moved Kayla to the smaller cage (she's not happy about that!) Luckily, I had a box Patty's size, so put her hair and some hay in with the babies. We'll see if they make it! She probably had them about 1-2 hours ago, so, hopefully, they didn't get chilled since they are inside. Both are a good size.

No comments: