Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 17, 2014

Noon
I thought I'd never get done cleaning cages today! All the doves' cages got extra cleaning (perches/ladders got scrubbed.) Then, I had to figure out how to rearrange the rabbit cages so that Robin wouldn't keep challenging Sheriff and Kayla can't keep starting fights with Patty when she gets out of her cage! And, the male hamsters moved to a bigger tank with a little more floor space.
Gotta rest a few minutes, drink some water and then go to Food4Less for some stuff ...

1pm
Look at my yummy apple 'cereal'! Thinly sliced apple, almond butter, cinnamon and cream! Mmmm.
I'm out of nuts or I would've had some on it, too.

Didn't accomplish much this afternoon. My mom wanted to move the TV in her bedroom again. So, of course, that meant moving furniture around ... apparently, it's an all-day thing ...
Didn't get the chains and cords measured for the kitchen lights today. But, I did bring the pot inside that I want to plant the ginger root in! I need to go out before it rains again and gets some compost and potting soil for it ... Yeah. I'll do that now ...

4pm
I got my ginger root planted. Took the heat lamp out of the box and decided where to hang it. I'll get it hung up over the weekend, I think. My mom has a bunch of little seeds she wants to plant, so I'll wait for those. Cleaned the empty tank that the male hamsters were in and put it out on the deck. Made a new, bigger nest box for the bunnies. Folded all the laundry and put it away ... my mom is still messing with her furniture ... if I had known she was going to do that today, I would have gotten my sewing machine set up and made some things ...

6pm
Raining again! :)

When I went to Food4Less today, I passed by the egg case and they had quail eggs! I almost can't wait to get some quails! But, that won't be until Spring ... but, it was a surprise to see that in a chain grocer.

Kingbird
Flickr user Sandy Harris | Orcutt, Santa Barbara County, California | View a larger image and leave a comment.

Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.
~

No comments: