Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 28, 2014

8:45am
I'm trying to get up the motivation to get ready to go out into the cold. I need to go to the co-op in Davis for bunny greens and maybe a couple of potatoes ... I've scraped up a few dollars here and there.

10:45am
I made it home. Barely. Driving on fumes. So, I'll be taking the bus on Tuesday and probably Thursday to get more greens. I have enough money left on my bus pass for 3 round trips. I was able to get potatoes for us and some extra salad greens for the bunnies and us.

So, tonight's dinner will be some spicy chicken wings and a salad with blueberries and cheese. Not bad.
Oh, and I also got a box of raspberry tea through Freecycle this morning! So, I need to put something up on there in exchange.

Noon
Rice tortilla with cinnamon butter for lunch. And, some of my new raspberry tea with lemon syrup.

I think I'm going to make a Chia Chiller for dessert. The recipe is #39 from Chia Seeds: The Ultimate Collection. I'll be using thawed, frozen fruit rather than fresh, though. The only problem with some of the recipes that call for chia gel ... You have to hunt for how to make it. It's not its 'own' recipe page ...

FaceBook is acting up again. Keeps timing out and freezing. This has been happening at least once a day for a week or so ... No problem with any other sites, so it's not my browser.

Hmmm. What should I put up on the FreeCycle page ... I guess I'll try some books ... later. Gotta get the laundryroom rearranged so I can get to the exhaust hose and clean it out. Fun.

2:30pm
Whew! All done with the laundryroom. It was filthy! But, now I can get to the vent hose much easier and be able to clean it more often. I do need to replace it soon, though. I hate those tinfoil things. I'm surprised it has lasted this long.

Almost forgot to make the chia gel! It's in the fridge now.

Just listed these metal containers on the local FreeCycle page.
And, posted some pet supplies on another local site for $15.

 I'm in a quail group on FaceBook. The more I see and hear them, the more I want them!! I hope I can finish the flight cage next month. And, get the colored leg rings for the doves ...

Auction: 10 Tea Bag Covers, plus 10 tea tags - for crafts - USED

 4:30pm
Well, my mom made a good-sized salad and more chicken wings than I thought we had left. So, it's good that I was late starting the chia seeds. They are not gelled enough - still slightly crunchy. So, we'll have the Chia Chiller tomorrow.

5:30pm
My mouth is on FIRE and my nose is running. My mom made that chicken almost too hot to bear! But, it was good!

Nikky learned something new today! How to use a doggy door! She still won't push on the flap herself, but if I lift it she'll go through. It was in the house when we bought it, but we've never used it. Mainly because I won't let the cat out unsupervised. And, when we used the living room as a living room, the shelves with all the VHS tapes on it was against that wall blocking the little door. But, now nothing blocks it. So, I thought I might as well use it. That way I don't have to take my lazy butt out in the cold! Just remove the door-block, lift the flap and let her out. When she comes back, let her in and put the door-block back in. Luckily, she's pretty good at asking to go out. I'd really like to make cute little doors inside and out to replace the ugly plastic door block and big opening, but can't think how I'd make it work on both sides. Oh, well. Something to ponder.

No comments: