Saturday, January 17, 2015

January 17, 2015

8:30am
This day has not started well ... this whole week has been hell, actually. But, it's finally caught up with me. I have bronchitis for the first time in five years and hope I can shake it before it turns to pneumonia, which it's almost always done in the past ... and, my mom started harassing me first thing this morning with complaints that Ezra messed up the antenna on her TV. Like I don't have more important things to do!! I fixed it once and five minutes later it's messed up again. So, I blew up at her ... damn it. I have a fever, I can't breathe, I have cages to clean, I have a damn kitchen drain that I still need to fix, I have bills to pay before things are shut off within the next two weeks and she's bitching about the TV! This is what I have to deal with EVERY day ... yeah, great life here ... I think I cried for nearly an hour ...

Anyway, it rained yesterday, which was nice ... other than the thick fog it was raining through ... :/

Wednesday night, I had a surprise ... Damian (male hamster) got out of his tank!!!! I don't know how long he'd been out. I barely saw him out of the corner of my eye streak under the dove cages. He had to have fallen four feet from the cabinet his tank is on! He's lucky I saw him, as it was almost time for bed and Nikky was already in bed. But, Ezra would have found him overnight. I apparently had put too much fresh bedding when I cleaned cages that day and it was just high enough for him to grab onto the lid and squeeze out! Houdini! ;) He's OK after his adventure, though.

I've decided that after these three hamsters age out, I won't be getting any more. Going to concentrate on the rabbits and doves. Kayla will be bred with Sheriff at the end of this month. Patty's babies will be sold in about two weeks. Patty will be bred with Robin in about 4 months, so she can finally have a rest from babies after four litters within about 4 months due to the neighbor's negligence before I got her. And, at least 3 of the doves will be sold in about a month.

10:30am
Got all the cages cleaned. Didn't let anyone out to run around today. I feel awful.

11:45am
Isn't this a pretty color? It's 12 oz. hot water, 1 tablespoon raw honey, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and ¼ teaspoon turmeric. Gotta kick this infection by Tuesday when I go back to work.

And, now, my mom is bugging me to show her how (for the MILLIONTH time!!!!) to use the VCR/DVD player ... I just want to quit ...

And, I still can't get the kitchen drain clear ...

Must make that drink hotter next time. It cooled off too quickly ...

I am so exhausted ...

2pm
Time to plunge the sink for the zillionth time, probably to no avail ... and, heat some water for tea ... and, see if the jar of chicken broth has thawed ...

2:45pm
I am so tired. Having some tea. Have to fold another load of laundry ...

4pm
Hot chicken broth is so good.

I shared this pic on FaceBook yesterday. There was a post about skates and these are mine. I got them when I was around 5 (1968), I think. I never could skate worth a darn. I always landed on my butt and skinned the palms of my hands. I have no idea why I still have them!
7:45pm
We've watched several good movies the past few evenings:
Thursday - PT109
Friday - Lady & the Tramp
Tonight - Rock-a-bye Baby

The next 4 days will be several old movies from 1935. Oldies are the best.

Time for hot chocolate, then feed and bed down the critters before I can work on my jigsaw puzzle. Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow and get that damn kitchen drain cleared ...

No comments: