Friday, February 27, 2015

February 27, 2015

2:45pm
I just finished making a batch of raw sweet cream butter. And, I got a pint of raw buttermilk, too!

Buttermilk starting to separate from the butter.
Butter, after straining buttermilk through cheesecloth. It is soooo naturally sweet. Nothing added.
Buttermilk.
Sadly, Little Boy and Squabbie's chick died yesterday and the other egg was no good. So, they are starting over again.

My neck is finally feeling better after nearly a week of hurting.

3:30pm
Huh. I was looking forward to the bike ride tomorrow, but we are supposed to get rain starting tonight and through tomorrow!!! Arrgh. We need rain, but I don't want to miss the ride! Rain Sunday. I don't mind if the walk is cancelled (I really have not enjoyed the walks much as the organizer is not a very friendly person ...)

5:15pm
I keep forgetting to take a picture of the progress of my ginger plants!
Two of them are really tall. One is very slow-growing (you can't even see it in the pic.) And, I'm still not sure what the vine is. Pumpkin? Butternut squash? Who knows!

9:30pm
I finished another puzzle today.

Sad day today. One of the sparks that lit the modern scifi fandom flame died today. Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock was such a unique and lasting character. Without him and Star Trek, there would have been no Stargate, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, etc. No one would have been interested. He will be remembered in perpetuity. LLAP.

No comments: