Friday, May 1, 2015

May 1, 2015

1:45pm
It's May Day! And, I bought plants to plant. Two tomato plants, a cute little sedum, and a pretty red & white verbena - Voodoo Star.
And, I am not a happy camper! I have to get under the house this week and find a leak ... I think I know where it is - possibly the hot water line near or under my mom's bathroom. My water bill quadrupled! My space rent (which includes water) is usually around $425. It was almost $500 this month. Really pisses me off. There was a bunch of stuff I couldn't get today that I had planned on ... but, it shouldn't be a too-expensive fix to stop the leak. I just hope there is not a lot of peripheral water damage under there. I bought a new high-power flashlight so I can see under there. My old one (literally 34 years old) finally died last month.

But, I got my mom the coffee maker she's been bugging me to get and also a bunch of shirts at the thrift store and she actually likes them! She was supposed to go with me today, but bailed this morning before I left ... I also discovered we have a brand new GoodWill store here in Woodland and stopped there on my way home. I found 2 unopened jigsaw puzzles!! .99¢ each!
B000S0VKI8 Buffalo Games Havasu Falls By William Neill Jigsaw Puzzle
Buffalo Games

4pm
Whew! It is damn hot outside - 94°F right now. I've been outside planting the tomatoes, watering them and the peppers that survived from LAST year and my little patch of lettuce and cucumber seeds. I also filled the birdbath and refilled the hummingbird feeders. So, that is my first day of the 30x30 challenge! 30 minutes (or so) outside. Today was breathe barefoot - 100 slow breaths. Done!

We'll plant the sedum and verbena tomorrow.

4:30pm
95°F ...

5:15pm
I'm tempted to move my desktop computer back into my room, but for now, I'll just use the sloooooow laptop in there. It's gone down two degrees, but I think I'm going to have dinner (a huge salad with bacon, apples, nuts and lots of other goodies) in my room, and will probably stay in there until I put the critters to bed at 8:30 ... so, I'll be turning the desktop off now.
7:45pm
I went to CostPlus today. I love wandering around the food section. I always find interesting things to try. I found a Fentinman's Dandelion and Burdock soda. It's not bad! Not something I'll have very often, of course.

B003NBOJVE Fentimans Natural Soda, Dandelion & Burdock, 4 - 9.3 Ounce Bottles
Fentimans

8:30pm
Time to feed and bed down all the critters. It's down to 77° F outside, but still 91° F inside! Ugh.

No comments: