Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 13, 2015

3:15pm
Today has been a trying day, as far as computers! My desktop decided not to turn on this morning! So, I had to drag my laptop out of my bedroom. It is soooooo sloooooow ... Took HOURS to sort through about 5000 emails because it kept loading mail from my GMail trash over and over ... weird. But, I waded through the mail to find the posts I needed to see this morning. Then, I went and did one store that needed a survey before heading to the co-op for bunny greens. I was back home by about 10:30. I decided to go back to cleaning cages on Wed. Thursday just wasn't working the way I'd hoped, as far as getting things done earlier. With summer getting here soon, cleaning cages in the afternoon is going to be way too hot. So, I'll do them Wednesday and Sunday mornings. So, they are done and they had an hour or so out on the deck in the fresh air. But, anyway, when I was done cleaning, I started messing with the desktop computer. I kept thinking that it was acting like it did a year or so ago. So, I took it apart, cleaned all the dust out and made sure the on/off button's wires were seated correctly. Plugged it in and everything is back on and running! Yay! Now, to sort the mail again ... :/

Yesterday, I put all the canna lilies and calla lilies that my mom dug up and doesn't want (she kept a few, but they multiply like crazy!) on Craigslist. They all went very quickly. I also listed some aquarium supplies and am waiting for replies, now. So, hopefully, they will be gone tonight.

8pm
Fish supplies are gone. I've also listed some no-skid socks my mom didn't want anymore. No bites on those, yet. Need to think of some other freebies to list ... she has some belladonna bulbs she wants to dig up and give away, too. So, probably will list those this weekend.

Long work days tomorrow and Friday. Gotta make a good check this week. My quarterly house insurance is due in two weeks ... :(

"So we are connected to the moon. That gives us power, a connection to the Earth and the moon, men don't know about."--Cecilia Mitchell, MOHAWK

1611881803 Gooseberry Island
Steven Manchester

This might be a good book to read for this 30x30 Nature Challenge! You don't necessarily have to read the news ... a good book should do!

No comments: