Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 7, 2015

3:15pm
Rain! It rained for about 6 hours overnight, but cleared by the time I left the house at 9am.
It's been a busy day! Got all the shopping done this morning. Stopped at the GoodWill and got more shirts for my mom, another unopened puzzle and a bag of poly craft stuffing. Oh, and 2 hats.
I decided to start making dolls again. I used to make soft dolls in the '80s. I really enjoyed it. I mainly gave them as gifts, but I hope to start selling them. So, I got that bag of stuffing. I may go back this weekend and see if they still have some left. I need to dig all the patterns and books out, then see what fabrics and frills I still have and what I may need in the future. I have plenty of embroidery floss for the faces. And, I know I don't have enough 'hair', so will have to get more of that. I may have enough for 2 or 3 dolls. Here's a couple of old pics of what I used to make (the pics are from 1987 - I had a daycare home, at the time - hence, the swing set):
Hard to see the embroidered faces on these ...
Just finished cleaning cages. I bought new clips for all the hay mangers as the rabbits wore out the old ones. And, I need to separate the bunnies. And, I need to breed Patty and Robin since I didn't get to that last week ...
Hummingbird
Flickr user Jim Blair | San Diego River, California | View a larger image and leave a comment.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.
~ Charles M. Schulz

4:30pm
Just had Teresa, who I met through the MeetUp walking group, stop by. I gave her some old feed bags that I had, for a garden project she is doing. She met all the critters. :) We have both decided to kind of do our own walking group. I never really felt comfortable with the organizer (some people just rub you the wrong way, immediately ...) and then, she changed the time for the group from 2pm to 6pm. That is too late for me. I don't leave the house after a certain time ... So, Teresa and I are going to meet at the park I normally go to at 2 on Sundays, and walk together. I've left the MeetUp walking group, now.

I've got two stores to service tomorrow and should be home early enough to get under the house and check all the water lines. I stopped at a couple of hardware stores today and priced the various pipes that can be used for potable water lines. I should have just enough money to replace whatever is leaking ... I hope. I'll know for sure once I get under there.

I'm making a cute little dotee doll for a swap with a ladybug theme.
This puzzle I've been making for the past week is a toughie. Taking me longer than usual.
9pm
Robin bred Patty on the first try! Good boy! I'll breed them again tomorrow, and then, we will know in a month if we have bunnies!



No comments: