Saturday, July 25, 2015

July 25, 2015

9:30am
I've been terrible about blogging this month! But, I have taken LOTS of pictures! So, I think I will spend part of today sorting through them and putting them on here. I'm also going to straighten up the deck today as my mom keeps bugging me (what's new ...) about locking my eBike up out there, rather than putting it back in the shed. She doesn't get the part about lugging it up and down the damn stairs just to ride it! Ugh! But, at least it won't be in the kitchen ... :/

11am
Finally. Got a few things done. Swept the deck & moved some things around so I could lock my bike to the railing and one of the upright posts that hold the awning. And, covered it in a sheet. It's not going to stay out there, though. I will be making room in the shed for it soon. I don't want it exposed to anything that will start rusting it.

So, here are a bunch of pics from the past couple of weeks.
7/9 -
7/12 -
Bee sting. This wiped me out for several days and was still irritated for about 2 weeks. The swelling, redness, bruising and pain finally receded yesterday! The sting site is still visible today ... Damn allergies ... at least I don't get anaphylaxis ...
7/15 - Bunnies! This litter seems to have grown so quickly! I haven't paid nearly enough attention to them. They don't mind being touched, but they are not thrilled being picked up. I must work on that.
 

7/19 -
7/21 - I'm getting better at loom-knitting washcloths! Both sides have a different design.
7/22 - A fire was started at our newest National Monument - Lake Berryessa/Snow Mountain - by a car wreck. The wildfire quickly spread. It was about 30 miles from here. The smoke settled down in our Valley for a couple of days.
7/23 - I did some traveling for work and decided to check out the wildfire.
I have marked the map so you can see where I went in relation to the fire.
Leaving Yolo (where the farm I get my milk and eggs from is) and heading north. This is heading away from the fire, but you can see the haze from it.
near Zamora
1 mile south of Arbuckle (where I serviced my most northerly store,) heading south.
Parking lot of Pilot truck stop (one of my stores) in Dunnigan, looking south (that's the I-5 interchange)
I-505, south
side of the road, near Madison (near Cottonwood on the map,) looking south
Winters, looking south
Putah Creek Road, heading southeast of Winters
Picture is blurry, but the red dot to the right is a water-drop helicopter. It would fill it's bucket in Lake Berryessa and drop the lakewater on the fire.
The road at the bottom of the pic is Putah Creek Road. It deadends at Pleasants Valley Road and the police were there turning people back, at about the middle of the pic.
Part of Lake Solano Rec Area on Putah Creek, near the Diversion Dam
Leaving Winters
Heading to Davis on Russell Blvd. You can still see some haze in the air.

Last report I read, said that almost 8000 acres have burned. We are lucky in this area that we don't often have such large wildfires.

No comments: