Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015

8:30am
I can't wait to get started on my sewing. Of course, I have a few other things I have to get done today, too ... put the bin back under the house that I used on Saturday for one of the bunnies to travel in the car; make sun tea; make hummingbird food, fill bird bath, water the mix of seeds I planted out back ... and, probably more things ...
-- Okanogan National Forest --

There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.

~ Aldo Leopold

3:30pm
Well, I got nearly everything done that I had planned ... except the hummingbird feeders and one of the footstools ... Here is the footstool that I did get done:
The footstools I want to re-cover.
Denim and upholstery fabric cut into 6-inch squares.
Ready to nail the new cover on.
Done! I played around with the denim and used both sides for a different look.
Nikky had to check it out.
I also made spicy tomato sauce today because my mom said she couldn't figure out the blender ... :/ More like she really didn't want to do it ... I added some tiny jalapeƱo peppers from the garden, too.
And, I baked the squash seeds, from the spaghetti squash we had last night, with Italian seasoning and butter. Crunchy snack.

So, I didn't get the other footstool cover done. I did get the top re-stuffed, though. I slit some of the stitches and packed in more stuffing and re-sewed it. I'll finish it next week.

No comments: