Saturday, August 8, 2015

August 8, 2015

4pm
I sold a bunny! This morning was the small animal sale that I go to nearly every month at Yellow Rose Ranch. It has moved to Lincoln (was in Orangevale before) and is a 90-minute drive for me, but it is nice to get out there. Love and miss having farm animals. The gal who runs the sale on her ranch has 5 boys and her youngest (9 years old) bought one of my rabbits. He bought the little mismarked Dutch buck. So, I still have 3 bunnies left and a dove that didn't sell this time. Helped one of the other boys catch one of the male Muscovy ducks. Been a while since I did that! I got muddy, but it was fun. And, I fed one of my carrots to her billy goat (Alpine) before I started packing up for the day. It was a nice day. Wish I had taken some pictures! I had the camera with me, but never took it out of the bag! Ugh! Maybe I'll remember next month! As Lincoln is in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, there are some really cool, unusual rock formations on the ranch I want to take pics of next time.

Once I got home and unloaded the car and got the critters settled back in, the damn pain in my back and shoulder started back up ... It's been going on for about 2 months now and not letting up ... I may have to do another elimination test of foods like I did a few years ago. There is something causing inflammation to some old injuries. I think I am taking too much willow bark and arnica right now, because of the pain. Luckily, they don't have the side effects of tylenol and aspirin that made me really sick in the past. But, I don't want to keep relying on them. So, I've got to take the time to research this problem and eliminate the pain. It all started a couple of months ago when I tripped on Nikky and fell against the fridge (hard) to avoid stomping/falling on her. That twisted my hip and I pretty much fell apart from there. So, now, everything hurts. But, the initial injury does not hurt. It healed. It's just all the adjusting/limping, etc., irritated other areas in the meantime and something I've been eating /not eating is causing the continued inflammation.

Tomorrow is cage-cleaning day and then my weekly walk. I might go to GoodWill after that if I'm not to tired and it's not too hot.
Every part of this country is sacred to my people. Every hillside, every valley, every plain and grove has been hallowed by some fond memory or some sad experience of my tribe. Even the rocks, which seem to lie dumb as they swelter in the sun along the silent shore in solemn grandeur, thrill with memories of past events connected with the fate of my people.
---Chief Seattle, SUQUAMISH

No comments: