Saturday, November 7, 2015

November 6, 2015

Ha! Forgot to post this yesterday ...

10:45am
I haven't been sick in a while ... but, I am now ... so, I stayed home from work ... I have congested lungs ... it's been coming on for a while. I started taking oregano oil caps a bit over a month ago and it has been working some old crap out of my lungs the past couple of weeks. It's finally worked up into my bronchial area, so hacking up lots of crap. Plus, I am allergic to some of the hay I bought last month for the rabbits. Thank goodness that bunch is almost gone! The rabbits love it, but I get hives on my hands when I touch it! Only lasts a few minutes until I wash my hands, but annnnnnoying! And, it makes me sneeze!

Started a batch of bone broth this morning.

Found all the wool felt my aunt Jeanne had and am going to make a few stuffed ninnis (one for a swap) to, hopefully, sell. Probably a Santa, elf and Rudolph ... maybe ... we'll see if they come out the way I want.

Rachel has decided she doesn't like Nikky ... whenever Nikky goes out to potty, Rachel pecks her on the butt or on the head!

Resurrecting my kombucha!

Listed a couple of vintage wine books:
The Great Book Of Wine by Edita Lausanne - 1971
Wines of the World by André L. Simon - 1967

1:15pm
Switched the direction on all the ceiling fans for winter. Hope it helps bring the warmer air down to our level.

3pm
Spent the past few hours sorting through fabrics and craft supplies to see what I need to make a few Christmas gifts. Very few things I need to buy tomorrow & I have JoAnn's coupons for all of them - discounts! Nearly all my gifts will be handmade this year. I have a list of 9 people I'm making things for ... a couple of them are getting some small store-bought extras, though.
-- Silver Lake, California --

It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple Life.

~ J.R.R. Tolkien


The only lies for which we are truly punished are those we tell ourselves.
V.S. Naipaul


Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed!
C.J. Cherryh

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.― Ernest Hemingway

Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.
Zig Ziglar



No comments: