Friday, January 1, 2016

January 1, 2016

8:30am
Well, it's another new year, but it's just another day ... and, it's cold!
I have so many plans for this year. My main goal is to downsize a lot of my stuff.
Today, I will be organizing all of my shipping supplies and get rid of a lot of cardboard boxes. I am flattening them and stacking them on the deck today and will make room in my car for them so I can take them to the recycler next week. That should clear out some space in the cabinets in my office.

9:15am
Just finished cleaning the chicken poop off the deck. And, swept off the carport stairs. It is sooo damn cold out there! And, I just bid on a hand-crank USB charger on eBay. I want to get a couple of them and also some solar chargers. A few less things to rely on electricity and its expense.

11am
Car is loaded with cardboard - decided not to wait to load it. Located a recycler fairly close that will take it and is open tomorrow. They also take non-CRV plastic! Paper/newspaper, too! So glad to find a place to take that and not have to put it in the garbage!! So, will start separating all of it. Now, I need to get 2 or 3 bins out from under the house to use for it - will do that on Monday, after I get home from work.

Freecycle listing of the day:
I am sad ... I can't find Squabbie's birthdate! I filled in birthdays and such in my new calendars last night and I can't find it. I looked at some old ones I still had and all through my blog posts and yahell posts ... I'm pretty sure it was in 2012, but can't find the exact hatch date! Everyone else is accounted for ... :/

12:15pm
Made a new batch of switchel this morning. Used the recipe here: Switchel: the Original Energy-Ade. I think I'll have a glass with some fried eggs for lunch.

And, now for something I've really slacked off of this past year ... free ebooks! Lots of them.
B00R9Q4CM0 A Ghost for Christmas (Destiny Bay Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
J. D. Winters
B00GAPUBLC Making Costume Jewelry: An Easy & Complete Step by Step Guide
Janet Evans
B0095OB3NK Sherlock Holmes & The Adventure of Ichabod Reed (New Sherlock Holmes Adventures Book 1)
M Pepper Langlinais
B00Y2Q2SLW 25+ The Most Popular Crochet Stitches: Learn Them All in One Day And Use to Create Your Own Crochet Patterns!: (Crochet patterns, Crochet books, Crochet ... to Corner, Patterns, Stitches Book 4)
Andrea Stone
B00KL3FD2G All You Need to Know about Kefir Water Plus 45 Recipes: Today's Superfood, Facts, Health Benefits, Weight Loss (Today's Superfoods Book 7)
Jennifer Weil
B00VH82M3W Straw Bale Gardening: The Complete Beginners Guide To Growing Organic Vegetables And Fruits Without Any Digging! (Gardening With Rogers Series Book 1 3)
Joel Rogers
B00IEDP2NU First Wound - MM Love Story (London Dates, vol. 1)
Brad Tanner
B00OHZYBAO Healthy Popsicles: 60 Dairy Free and Gluten Free Healthy Popsicle Recipes
Liz Harper
B00V73HIHM EXCEPTIONALLY LOW CARB KETOGENIC DIET RECIPES: The World's Most Famous and Amazingly Low Carb Ketogenic Diet Recipes For a Handsome You!
Ruth Reynolds
B00V7AWEII EXCEPTIONALLY LOW CARB KETOGENIC DIET RECIPES - VOL 2: The World's Most Famous and Amazingly Low Carb Ketogenic Diet Recipes For a Handsome You!
Ruth Reynolds
B00Y8WGLRC Blender Recipe Cookbook: Healthy Smoothie, Soup and Dessert Recipes for your High Speed Blender
Jesse Morgan
B017VU2BDA Matcha Tea: How this Super-Tea will make you Unstoppable
Richard Foster-Fletcher
B019ZWG4UI The Complete Whole Food Diet Plan: 30 Day Food Fix: It Starts With Good Food
Henry Brooke
B01A078INS Camping: Bushcraft: RV Living (Off The Grid RV Motorhome) (Boondocking Camping DIY)
Tony Ferguson
B00RATPA7W Mason Jar Gifts from the Heart: Easy and Fun, Homemade Gifts for Every Occasion (DIY Gifts & Projects)
Olivia Henson
B00OBQTAUU Essential Oils for Beginners - The Power of Aromatherapy
Hadley Howard
B00AR7MY00 Happy Back Yoga: Your Complete Yoga Guide For A Pain Free Back (Just Do Yoga Book 3)
Julie Schoen
B00861YYS4 7 Fingerless Gloves Knitting Patterns : How To Knit Fingerless Gloves or Wrist Warmers (Easy One Day Project)
May Redwood
B008OPDZ78 Hens and Chickens (Book 1 in The Sovereign Series)
Jennifer Wixson
B00K8MZKFK The Tagger Herd
Gini Roberge

I think that's enough of those for today! And, remember, I only share links to the ones I've snagged, so if you miss out on the freebie time, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Some quotes, now -
"We have an old saying, Everything living must die. Only the rocks and mountains are forever."
--Archie Fire Lame Deer, LAKOTA

Good books tell the truth, even when they're about things that never have been and never will be. They're truthful in a different way. - Stanisław Lem

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.― George Bernard Shaw


-- Bodie, California --

There is peace even in the storm.

~ Vincent van Gogh

4:30pm
Bunny rabbit marinated in hot wing sauce with some olives on the side for dinner.

No comments: