Saturday, January 2, 2016

January 2, 2016

7:30am
I keep getting outbid on the hand-crank chargers on eBay. I'm not going to go over a certain amount. Luckily, there are a LOT of them listed! So, I will keep trying until I get one!

My mom wants to go shopping today. So, we'll be going to JoAnn's, GoodWill and maybe a couple more places until she finds what she wants ... a gadget to measure and cut yarn to the right size for her latch-hook projects, and sweatpants. And, I need to price the big cutting boards like we used to have when I was a kid. For when I start quilting bigger projects.

Ugh! I hate when I can't find things! I just sold a couple of vintage Star Wars trading cards and I can't find them! I have a stack of them in a baggie ... somewhere!

12:30pm
Got home just before noon. My mom didn't find the gadget she wanted, but figured out how to try something we already have at home. But, she did get 5 pairs of sweatpants! And, I got a big folding cutting board like the one we used to have! Yay! And, we stopped at the local deli and got ribs and a slice of carrot cake to bring home.
Oh, and stopped at the recycler to drop off the cardboard.

1:15pm
Shredded 3 sweet potatoes. Enough to make the latkes and some leftover for hash browns another time.
Just started another load of laundry ...

Oh, thank goodness! I found the trading cards! Getting them ready to ship on Monday.

2pm
Free ebooks!
B00MAXC3SW Ketogenic Diet Made Easy With Other Top Diets: Protein, Mediterranean and Healthy Recipes
Speedy Publishing
B0185VVJCS Soap Making: The Absolute Beginner's Guide To Making Natural Handmade Soap - Includes 23 Amazing And Easy Organic Soap Recipes! (How To Make Soap, Homemade Soap, Skin Care)
Elizabeth Stevens
B0197Q2CEO MINI FARMING : SUSTAINABILITY WITH A BACKYARD FARM (Self Sufficiency Living Book 1)
Rodger Kinnard
B019GIVJOM Low Carb Cookies And Cheesecake Recipes Box Set: Two Of The Best Low Carb Dessert Cookbooks In One (Low Carb Recipes)
Terry Smith
B00OPDPSI2 Yoga : 20 Easy Beginner Yoga Poses (An Excellent Yoga Book With 20 Pictures of Yoga Poses)
Mike C. Adams

Oh, great ... the noisy neighbors got 2 big Lhasa Apsos and have them tied to the carport support post in their driveway. They have been barking their heads off for an hour ... That is the side my deck is on and I take Nikky out to the yard that way and Rachel hangs out there ... they will be barking non-stop ... :/

Went through some more of my clothes and filled a bag for the garbage. Worn out clothes. Cut all the buttons off for crafts, though.

3:15pm
Still barking ...

My mom has agreed that we will be re-homing Rachel. I'll ask neighbor Martin if he wants her. If not, I'll put her on one of the poultry lists I'm on. She is just not working out - attacks Nikky every time I let her out and is a bigger breed than I really want. I'm looking more and more into Seramas, Bantams or Cochins. Plus, still might get some quail and the size will be similar.

I'll be butchering 3 younger doves next week. And, I'll be breeding Robin and Patty tomorrow. Kayla's bunnies will be advertised next week, too. They will be 7 weeks old. Critter busy ...

Today's FreeCycle share:
6:30pm
Dogs are still barking ...
Just finished dinner. I didn't make the latkes. Not enough coconut oil. So, I just made hash brown sweet potatoes with fried eggs and Aidell's breakfast sausages.

We watched Charlie Chan in Honolulu tonight.
B000YDMPCO Charlie Chan Collection, Vol. 4 (Charlie Chan in Honolulu / Charlie Chan in Reno / Charlie Chan at Treasure Island / City in Darkness)
Sidney Toler


Most of us can't help but live as though we've got two lives to live, one is the mockup, the other the finished version, and then there are all those versions in between. - André Aciman

7:15pm
Spoons are gone. Yay! I think tomorrow, I'll start listing various power cords ... one or two per day, maybe.
-- Duck and Ducklings --

Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.

~ Rumi

No comments: