Saturday, March 26, 2016

March 26, 2016

8:15am
My cousin is a miracle-worker! I'm getting my car back, this afternoon! Thank goodness! I don't think I could've driven the little car this week. My foot is killing me (nerve problem in my right foot.) I have to have cruise control! New spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter and complete front brakes (rotors, pads, etc.) It's got a new life! He wants me to put at least 200 miles on it before I take it to get the smog test done. So, should be able to do that on Thursday. Then, it will finally be 'legal' again (almost six months late!)

The wind is horrible this morning - and cold. Blew stuff all over my deck. Chicks are fine. Their coop is solid and very heavy and they have a cover that goes over them at night.

3:30pm
It's been a long day, but I have my car back. And, it runs like new! It does need a new tire. The one that had a constant slow leak that I had to fill every week had a screw in it that could not be repaired because of where the screw was located. So, Curtis put the spare in it's place, for now. He said the other three tires are still very good (they were fairly new when he gave me the car a few years ago ...) And, it needs two hubcaps. I'll find those next week. Thursday, I will get the new tire and the smog test. He doesn't think I need to get another car, at this time ... :/ I'm going to keep my GoFundMe page open, for now, though ...




No comments: