Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 10, 2016

7:30am
Another rainy day! The big chicks are not happy. I have not let them out of their coop in two days!

I am having to deal with a possible permanent loss of part of my income. Found out a couple of days ago. My oil royalties have been stopped. It is kind of hard to fathom, but I also am not surprised. Weird. The checks have dwindled down to almost nothing this past year. A drastic drop from $200-400 a month for nearly 5 years. This past year, I was lucky to get $100 every other month or so ... got a letter the other day stating that the drop in barrel price barely covers their costs in production now. My grandfather bought the shares on 9/29/37, the day my dad was born. The wells are still producing, but the water-to-oil ratio is 98% ... meaning for every gallon pulled out of the ground by the current wells, only 2% of it is oil ... With the market the way it is, they will not be drilling any new wells on the site in the near future. :(

So, I need to decide on my to-do list today ...
Measure critter room walls (for the clear vinyl I am going to cover the bottom 3-feet to protect the paneling more) - done (I'm going to need a LOT of vinyl - 39-feet x 3-feet!)
Finish jigsaw puzzle - done
Layout pattern for gift quilt - done
Gather batteries and ink cartridges and put back in car for recycling tomorrow - done
Move chicken coop back to other side of deck - done

I need to get some black silicone caulk tomorrow to finish fixing the window on my car. Luckily, it's a small area and has not leaked with this rain. But, I can't put it off!

And, I have got to get my taxes done to see how much I will owe for the deathcare penalty ... :/

But, all of that has to wait until I get the cages cleaned and the critters sorted ... Dovelet's baby will be moved back in with her, since Palomar is still gone ... she is pining for him still. She's hardly eating and has rubbed some of the feathers off her face ... :( Hopefully, the baby will take her mind of him. Guess I'll have to name the baby. Not sure the gender, yet. Ah, just found a great name - Woya! It's Cherokee for dove! Pronounced like woe-yah.

I deleted my GoFundMe campaign. At some point, I may have to start one up again. We'll see.

I'll be taking down some of my unused blogs later, too. I have plans on building a website on one of the blogs for the critters. QuinGem's Precious Rabbitry, for sure.


I have a couple of swaps I need to package up to mail this week.

3:45pm
I have not made a jigsaw puzzle in MONTHS! But, I finished this one today.
Dovelet looking down at Woya. You can see where she has rubbed the feathers off of her face.
White Plymouth Rock and Light Brahma - 5 days old. You can see the white feathers starting to come out on the Rock
Silver Lace Wyandotte and Dominique - 18 days old
Parker's bunnies - 18 days old
4:30pm
Oh, the gift I am making is going to be cute. Can't share a pic of it, in case they see the post, though. I'm taking pics as I progress on it, to share after it's received. ;)

I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.― Gilda Rander

No comments: