Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 6, 2016

4pm
Well, this past weekend did not go as planned ... nothing new there! Went to the shelter in Sacramento to see about adopting a dog. Took my mom and Nikky. Had a specific dog I wanted to see. Was SECOND in line ... once we all got through the door, two ladies (that came to the line nearly an hour after us) rushed to the kennel and grabbed the paperwork of the dog I wanted ... Very disappointed in the way they had things set up. Very unorganized. So, we didn't get another dog, yet. I think I will stick to looking throught the individual ads on Craigslist and FaceBook. And, to top that off ... spent Sunday and Monday working on plumbing again ... Put in another access point to the drain line ... Pretty soon there will be more access points than pipe ... I have never lived anywhere with worse drainage ...


Just took this cute picture of Robin. My mom says she always thinks he is dead when he sleeps like this. But, he has always done it. He's just comfortable sleeping this way. He opened his eyes just before I took this pic.
The 'new' vintage wheels arrived in the mail for the old TV stand that I am using as the base for Freddie's cage. The stems were too small, so I wrapped them in black felt and they fit perfectly. Now, we can safely roll it without worrying the wheels will crack further!
New wheels
Hopefully, tomorrow, I will get home early enough to paint the old stand. My mom has wanted to get rid of it for years because it is so rusty and the wheels were in terrible shape. It was our very first TV stand when I was a baby. I kept telling her we would have a use for it one day!

8pm
I finally got around to 'waking up' my poor kombucha SCOBYs! I gave one away and I am brewing two and one is still in the SCOBY Hotel with fresh tea on top. I am experimenting with the new batches. I thought I had enough black tea ... but, I only had 2 teaspoons or so!! So, I mixed in about 3 teaspoons of hibiscus tea! It made for a pretty pink tea. It will turn my SCOBYs pink, but that's OK!
It's hard to tell in the picture that they are pink. Should be ready sometime next week!

Oh, and, of course ... the idiots doing the road sealing (they are sealing the roads in the park that were re-paved a while back) are doing the map ass-backwards from the one that was given to all of us who live here. The map we got shows that my street should have been done today, which would have worked out great since I am always off on Wed. and would not need to move my car ... but, noooo. They did it yesterday and I had a hell of a time getting my car out and then having to park it across the park last night when I got home! Neighbor Martin has 5 cars that he had to find a place for (his wife owns a house-keeping business and has a fleet of them!) It's been a crazy few days with the parking problems for everyone around here that had made previous plans to the map we got ... There are now 6 cars parked in front of my house in the road ... hope I can get out in the morning ...

No comments: