Sunday, May 28, 2017

May 27, 2017

Oops ... forgot to send this yesterday ...

11:30am

I just got back from a relaxing bike ride. It has been MONTHS since I rode my electric bike. I had to top off the charge on the batteries and air up the tires before I left. I hope to ride every Saturday morning this summer. I went to the post office, then the farmer's market and then the Grocery Outlet. I got another birthday gift from the same vendor as last week, carrots for the bunnies, gluten-free brownie for me and cherries for dessert tonight. Yummy! Nikky acts like I've been gone FOREVER! :)

Time to go clean the dog yard and after lunch I hope to give Gypsy a haircut and bath.

3:45pm
ARRGGH! I just want to scream! I really need to try to get some real grooming clippers. The cheap crappy set from WalMart I bought quickly last year, the day I got Gypsy, is just useless!!! A one, maybe 2, hour grooming session took nearly 4 hours!!! And, she looks like a moth-eaten reject! I felt like I was just pulling her hair out by the roots. Wish I still had all my old grooming equipment ... but, I had to sell all of it but my trusty grooming table, my scissors, brushes and combs when we moved back to California in 2000 ... I had 3 high-end clippers and about 25 different blades and a really versatile blow dryer back when I was a real groomer ... Miss that ... Anyway, Gypsy was a real trooper through the ordeal. I groomed her out on the deck. I gave her a modified puppy cut, but it looks awful to me ... Maybe she will look better once she is dry. She got a nice cool bath (with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile soap) out on the patio to cool her (and me) off.

She's hanging out in the bathroom now and Nikky is jealous because she didn't get a bath.
4:30pm
I have a Cocker Spaniel with jaws like the proverbial 'pit bull' ... I don't know where she found it, but she had one of those little black plastic roach/ant motel types of things in her mouth. I have no idea where she found it, I thought I got rid of all those ages ago! She would NOT let go of it! I finally had to scruff her and and squeeze her nose for her to drop it! Now she is pouting in the other room. I think she thought she was bringing me a present ... :/

No comments: