Saturday, July 15, 2017

July 15, 2017

I had such plans for today! But, the weather is not co-operating. It's already 100°F ...

I got a late start this morning on all my planned projects because I had to go out and BUY a box!!! I had brought a box home from work the other day, but it wasn't big enough. I sold a large lot of computer stuff (old floppy disks and other things to go with them ...) and needed a box with at least 18 inches wide and long. So, anyway, had to go to the UPS store down the street and pay a ridiculous amount for it. Then, come home and pack and weigh it all and put the postage on it. And, then over to the PO annex to drop it off. At least it's done.

So, I didn't get started on anything until 10:30 and it was already getting hot outside. But, I got some spray painting done and scrubbed the carport stairs (boot marks from the electrician the other day ...) I still have to paint 6 of the treads ... maybe tomorrow. I also filled the bird bath for the hot birds.
I painted the old metal TV stand that's been around since I was a baby. I replaced the wheels last year, as my mom was going to use it for Freddie's cage. But, she changed her mind. So, I am using it as my printer stand, now! And, my shredder fits under it perfectly.
Painted the spring hooks on the carport stair rails and put them back on.
I forgot to take pictures the other day of the tub from hell. So, here they are!
This is it for now. Hopefully, at some point, the faucet will be removed and the hose attachment (the original plan ...) will go there. But, not for quite some time. I am sick of the tub!! I also need to put on the caulking strips around the edge.
The killer hole! That board sticking out on the left is what battered my arm (see previous blog post ...)
The problem. The odd-sized flared attachments on the copper pipes that I could not replace. The pipe that comes up through the floor is so corroded that I could not break loose the joint. I had wanted to put in shut-off valves, but couldn't. Maybe some day I can afford to pay someone to do that.
All the hard-won, pretty new hardware.
Gypsy rarely gets to come in here, so she had to check things out.
The closet right next to the toilet that I had to squeeze into to work under the tub.
The next expensive project ... :(
Once I was done outside, I came in to start on my healthy elixirs, etc. So far, I've made sole (for the first time) and a new batch of golden paste (I swear by this stuff for pain.)
Sole is just pure (Himalayan or sea) salt in filtered or spring water. Do not use cheap, white 'table' salt. It isn't dissolved, yet, in this picture.
Turmeric golden paste (I make 3 jars like this every few weeks, freezing two of them.) I take about 1 teaspoon 2-3 times a day (more if I am really hurting.) I also mix some in the dog food I make for Gypsy and Nikky. It has really helped Gypsy, as she has a weak hind end, but you can't always tell when she has this.
Make sure to also add 1-2 Tablespoons of Ceylon Cinnamon (it MUST be Ceylon or Sri Lanka cinnamon, not regular cinnamon) to the recipe, with the coconut oil and pepper. This WILL prevent the possible 'cat pee' smell that some people and animals may get ... Nikky and I never got it, but Gypsy did ... so, I add it.
I also made a new batch of dog food that will last about a week or so. I get the ground mix from my local co-op. The head butcher there, makes a great mix - good ratio of meat/bone/organs. There is a chicken mix, a beef mix and occasionally a mixture of various other meats (turkey, lamb, pork, buffalo, etc.) I try to get a little of everything (usually 2 lbs. chicken, 2 lbs. beef and if they have it the other mix.) Then, I mix all of it together, along with various supplements (ground egg shells, ground dehydrated eggs - or a raw egg, spirulina, sardines, powdered whey, powdered buttermilk, bee pollen, hemp seeds, chia seeds, gelatin powder - or fresh broth, golden paste.) Mix it all up, then freeze most of it. The dogs love it, especially served in raw milk. No kibble-crap for them!

And, now, I'm scrubbing all my colloidal silver jars, so I can make a new batch of it.
It's very easy to make your own colloidal silver for pennies per batch. Just distilled water, .999 silver rods or ribbons (get from a jewelry supply), an adapter with the end cut off and attached to positive and negative clips. And, a little laser light to check when the silver is done (you'll see a straight red line when you shine the laser at the water - it's the silver particles collecting the light.)
The girls got their nails trimmed.  They were not impressed. ;)

And, I'm going to soak my feet in Epsom salts and lavender essential oil after dinner tonight.

I have to get things together to make a mystery swap (Swap-bot). I have the fabric (6x6-inch square ladybug pattern) the host sent me; just have to decide what I want to make with it. I'm thinking a key fob, as I have the hardware for one.
A key fob it will be! Now, to get it done and mailed before next Saturday!
We're having pastrami sandwiches for dinner. Yum!

So, along with all the other problems I'm having with the house ... the water heater is acting up. The same water heater we replaced about 5 years ago and nearly went into bankruptcy ... It's working fine, except for the damn rattling, vibrating noisy sediment rocks in the bottom. Woodland water is horrible, but as often as the park shuts off the water for repairs (constantly!!!!), there is no way to get all the sediment out of the water heater & it just keeps building up. The noise started last week ... it sounds like a semi is coming into my mom's bathroom ... (the water heater is behind that little closet shown above ...) It only lasts a few minutes at a time (whenever the gas heats up the water and starts making the sediment bubble around.) But, somehow I hope to replace the damn thing again, as the constant vibration may crack the glass lining eventually. That's what I've gathered from reading multiple plumbing forums the past few days. It's not dangerous, just a pain in the ass. Oh, and draining it does not eliminate the problem ... the drain is too far above the bottom of the tank.

Most of the critters are in bed; the dogs go to bed in an hour. I'm soaking my feet and drinking my raw chocolate milk while reading some Mag 7 fanfic. I love The Magnificent Seven! I even have the theme as my ringtone. I am looking forward to the Magnificent Seven Old West Convention. They have moved from Los Angeles to Old Sacramento this year and will occur during Gold Rush Days on Labor Day weekend. I am going to be a volunteer on Saturday and Sunday!!!! I can't wait. I just hope I have a few extra dollars to have a pic taken with Anthony Starke (he was Ezra Standish, my favorite character.) He hasn't been confirmed to attend, yet, but he always goes and he's tweeted a few times that he's looking forward to it again this year. I think my biggest problem is going to be parking. Not sure if I might take the bus from here or park at my cousin's house across the river from the site & take the bus the short ride from there ... I can't deal with parking in Sacramento and the parking fees for two days.

No comments: