Wednesday, September 1, 2021

September 1, 2021 - Lazy day?

2pm

I feel like I didn't accomplish anything today, but I know I did. I got the dishes almost caught up, walked the property with Nikky, did a load of laundry, fed/watered inside and outside critters ... then spent about 2 hours in line at the local food bank (which I just discovered!!!) Now, I don't feel like doing anything else! Ugh.

Why I didn't know about all the food giveaways in my little town all this time, I have no idea! There are 3 places that give out food regularly! Now, I don't have to go to Kingman more than once or twice a month to get good milk (in glass jars) and a couple other things I can't get here, and go to the bank. I wish I had found them sooner, but I know that most of the time when I went to Kingman every week was to have time away from my mom. Now, that's not an issue. I'd rather stay close to home. Now that the weather is slowly cooling off, I'm going to be investigating more of this area. I want to start exploring the Dolan Springs Trail system soon. There is supposed to be a spring up in them thar' hills and I want to find it! ;)

The fire that started Mt. Mitten, on Sunday, seems to have been extinguished by the heavy rains we had last night. BLM and firefighters are standing by at the local fire station to keep an eye on things.

~~~~~

 Egret, Avila Beach, California

 Egret, Avila Beach, California - Photo by Victoria Morrow

You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust.
You were born with ideals and dreams.
You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly.

~ Rumi

~~~~~

No comments: